Lake Meredith NRA camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Meredith NRA camping

I’m planning a trip up there this Dec and am planning on dragging my 30’ travel trailer up there to have a decent base camp. I’m hoping I can get into one of the Plum Creek campgrounds. Does anyone know if the dirt roads off of the main road are decent enough for me to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, as long as they aren’t wet. If they are, just park at the boat ramp parking lot.

Comment

I have seen several good sized horse trailers down there but I would stick to lower plum creek. Last time I went to upper plum creek it was a bit on the rough side. I would also call the ranger station and see what the roads are like prior to making the drive out there.

Comment

It’s hard to tell from Google which is what. It appears that Lower has some sort of shelter at each designated site in a loop? And it is the one that the Devil’s canyon trail starts at?

Comment

Originally posted by Haulinbass02 View Post
          It’s hard to tell from Google which is what. It appears that Lower has some sort of shelter at each designated site in a loop? And it is the one that the Devil’s canyon trail starts at?

Yes, the devils canyon trail starts at the lower plum creek area. Don’t remember if the had the roofs there for each site or not. Have stayed there myself. We always camp in one of the canyons. Here is a map that might be easier to follow. Also, signage is pretty decent out there to help you find your way.

Edit: not sure if that attachment is working so try this link.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X