Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 09-24-2019, 09:11 PM   #351
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Laramie is a town in Wyoming. LAMMIE is the name of the PH......just sayin
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2019, 10:28 PM   #352
CodyWitt
Six Point

Hunt In: Old Mexico

Guys just to clarify, Lammie was in SA for a couple days when we were there. From my understanding he was about an hour away on a different property, not once did he stop by and check in on us or see how we were doing. Not a call, not a text... not that I could have received it anyways because he lied about the WIFI, but still. If I had Clients fly 1/2 way around the world and I was just an hour away you best believe I would make an appearance in camp to see how everything was going. I knew Lammie couldn’t and wouldn’t be able to fix the situation, had I brought it up in SA he would have handled it the exact same way he did when I got back to the states. All it would have done is ruin our trip and make things awkward for the PH. Believe me, I thought about it long and hard and decided to wait to communicate my feelings. Right? Wrong? That’s a matter of opinion I guess and everyone is entitled to their own, but I can tell you this, If everything was on the up and up with the trip I would have never been put into this situation. As far as the money I refuse to bargain with myself. The only price that is acceptable is the price we originally agreed upon in the states. The more time I have to look back and reflect on it the more obvious it becomes.
CodyWitt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2019, 10:49 PM   #353
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyWitt View Post
Guys just to clarify, Lammie was in SA for a couple days when we were there. From my understanding he was about an hour away on a different property, not once did he stop by and check in on us or see how we were doing. Not a call, not a text... not that I could have received it anyways because he lied about the WIFI, but still. If I had Clients fly 1/2 way around the world and I was just an hour away you best believe I would make an appearance in camp to see how everything was going. I knew Lammie couldn’t and wouldn’t be able to fix the situation, had I brought it up in SA he would have handled it the exact same way he did when I got back to the states. All it would have done is ruin our trip and make things awkward for the PH. Believe me, I thought about it long and hard and decided to wait to communicate my feelings. Right? Wrong? That’s a matter of opinion I guess and everyone is entitled to their own, but I can tell you this, If everything was on the up and up with the trip I would have never been put into this situation. As far as the money I refuse to bargain with myself. The only price that is acceptable is the price we originally agreed upon in the states. The more time I have to look back and reflect on it the more obvious it becomes.
I misread along the way then. I thought I read he was with yall for a few days. That changes my viewpoint completely as far as dealing with it over in SA. If you never saw him you never had a chance to discuss it then. My apologies on that misunderstanding.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #354
CodyWitt
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
I misread along the way then. I thought I read he was with yall for a few days. That changes my viewpoint completely as far as dealing with it over in SA. If you never saw him you never had a chance to discuss it then. My apologies on that misunderstanding.
One of the hunters in our group saw him one day as he hunted a different ranch than the rest of us did, I however had no contact with him
Old 10-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #355
jb5001
Six Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co, Anywhere I can

Did you ever get this resolved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb5001 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 11:58 AM   #356
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

In for the verdict
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 01:01 PM   #357
Trapper76
Four Point

Man stories like this make me cringe! I took my daughter to s/a last summer for her high school graduation. I chose to go with a family run hunting operation, it was a little more expensive than some advertised prices. We had the time of our life and a trip we will never forget. Hope you get it sorted out, and thanks for posting for all of us to learn from.
Trapper76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #358
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime1982 View Post
What if the meal had a (money back guarantee)?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
"It says 100% guaranteed you moron!"

"Mr., if you don't shut up I'm going to kick 100% of your *****!"

OP, sorry about this situation. You have been much more understanding than most would have been. Hope it all gets worked out soon.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 01:47 PM   #359
jaime1982
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
"It says 100% guaranteed you moron!"

"Mr., if you don't shut up I'm going to kick 100% of your *****!"

OP, sorry about this situation. You have been much more understanding than most would have been. Hope it all gets worked out soon.
Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
jaime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 02:03 PM   #360
Raypo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

I would write a check for the amount agreed upon (since owed), contact an attorney and sue him for the full amount. Take the offense
Raypo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #361
Duckologist
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raypo View Post
I would write a check for the amount agreed upon (since owed), contact an attorney and sue him for the full amount. Take the offense
Agreed
Duckologist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #362
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb5001 View Post
Did you ever get this resolved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the supreme court is going to hear the case

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
TeamAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2019, 11:06 PM   #363
Longue Carabine
Six Point

Hunt In: Medina County

Initiate legal proceedings. You have a strong case, and he is likely bluffing to intimidate and coerce you. He needs to be sued
Longue Carabine is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-18-2019, 12:58 PM   #364
FLASH_OUTDOORS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Davy Crockett National Forest

Also wondering myself if this was resolved????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FLASH_OUTDOORS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2019, 11:24 AM   #365
Rhettsker
Four Point

My closest friend is a PH in Africa and we Safari over there ever year. Africa is an unbelievable place but you have to be very, very careful who you go with. Ripping off American hunters is an art form over there and I see it every year. Also, you can get in a precarious situation (whether from animals, people, etc) quickly over there and need dependable people you can trust. Having said all that, Africa is the greatest place I have ever been and provided some of my most cherished memories. By the way, i have taken my entire family over there on multiple occasions, so it can be done safely.
Rhettsker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2019, 10:07 PM   #366
RiverRat00
Pope & Young

Lemmie tell you this , that guy is worthless.
RiverRat00 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-25-2019, 11:16 PM   #367
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

Just found this, read the whole thread, grumpy that there’s no conclusion yet
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 11:17 PM   #368
FattLip
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can

Was curious to see how this ended.
FattLip is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 11:35 PM   #369
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattLip View Post
Was curious to see how this ended.
I was hoping it had been deleted.. The entire thing is silly.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-21-2019, 11:51 PM   #370
catslayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
I’d pay him what was I agreed on and not a penny more. Let him take you to court if it doesn’t sit well with him. If he refuses to give you your animals don’t pay a dime and take him to court. This guy sounds like a straight up scam artist.
This... Hope you have paperwork with signatures
catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2019, 12:22 AM   #371
Willicd76
Four Point

Hunt In: Hall, cottle, and motley counties

The accommodations didn't look the best but it beats the hell out of a tent, and let's face it, $2k a person to hunt is dirt cheap. Why does the OP think he should only have to pay half price for the 2 wounded animals???
Willicd76 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2019, 01:40 AM   #372
tradslam
Ten Point

Hunt In: Co,Tx,Ne,Wy,Ok or wherever I draw a tag

I'm not sure if I missed it, the money issues are over the culls and wounded animals? I get the crappy accommodations and that needs to be addressed. But laying hate to a bunch of animals and saying you're not paying is kinda rough also.

It sounds like there were some issues on both sides. That said if I had hunters in and they shot 22 animals then said he arent paying, I probably would be a little heated on my responses.
tradslam is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2019, 01:59 AM   #373
Txarrowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Parker county

Moral of the story- “there’s good guys and then there’s liars!” Verdict is in...scammie lammie lied he’s guilty, guilty, guilty!

For all those that say pay what you owe. A guy can write a check all day long but will it be cashed or discarded or even accepted. What are the odds this man is going to settle on what he gets. I work with clients that will spend $10k in legal fees to go after $2k. Of which some are crooks and never like to lose. Things get lost all the time even packages that are signed for...just ask a certain optics company I sent a scope back to (got that taken care of).
Txarrowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #374
Farmdog
Ten Point

Thread title is misleading, glad your not dead!
Farmdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #375
az2tx
Pope & Young

You got screwed plain and simple. I'm not a lawyer but I have done 9 safaris in 5 countries so I have a bit of experience with it.

I would play hard ball with him and not pay him another dime. He lives in Texas, the contract was signed in Texas, I would turn an attorney lose on him to get every dime possible. If he is still listing his Zululand prop with the prices he quoted you on his website then he is vulnerable
az2tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2019, 10:42 PM   #376
CodyWitt
Six Point

Little update guys, I have spoken and taken action with my attorney and the ball is rolling, I cannot say too much as Lammie is a TBH member. Just know that it is coming. I’m sure it will cost me the price of the Safari times 5 to get this settled on paper and I’m sure I will never see a dime or any of my animals. I struggle with seeking a monetary judgment as Lammie has a wife and a couple young kids at home that I don’t want affected by the collateral damage this case will cause.... that being said I gave him every opportunity and the man simply left me no other option. On the plus side I’m headed back to the dark continent in 2021 after I get my 2020 NZ stag hunt wrapped up!
Old 11-25-2019, 06:08 AM   #377
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyWitt View Post
Little update guys, I have spoken and taken action with my attorney and the ball is rolling, I cannot say too much as Lammie is a TBH member. Just know that it is coming. I’m sure it will cost me the price of the Safari times 5 to get this settled on paper and I’m sure I will never see a dime or any of my animals. I struggle with seeking a monetary judgment as Lammie has a wife and a couple young kids at home that I don’t want affected by the collateral damage this case will cause.... that being said I gave him every opportunity and the man simply left me no other option. On the plus side I’m headed back to the dark continent in 2021 after I get my 2020 NZ stag hunt wrapped up!
So it's going to cost you the "Safari times 5", you struggle to seek a monetary judgment AND you are sure you will never see a dime or your trophies but you proceeded with the litigation??? Hmm.. Interesting.. So what exactly is the end goal??

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 11-25-2019 at 06:11 AM.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 06:31 AM   #378
6.5 shooter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Montell, Hondo, Laredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
So it's going to cost you the "Safari times 5", you struggle to seek a monetary judgment AND you are sure you will never see a dime or your trophies but you proceeded with the litigation??? Hmm.. Interesting.. So what exactly is the end goal??
It’s the principle.
6.5 shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 08:07 AM   #379
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

What are you suing him for? Don't you owe him money? So are you suing so you don't have to pay him?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 09:01 AM   #380
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bastrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
What are you suing him for? Don't you owe him money? So are you suing so you don't have to pay him?
All the other misc expenses he incurred to go on this hunt and not receive any of the animals he killed to which those expenses were intended for?

OP good for you on pursuing this. Hopefully this guy will learn it's easier to run an honest operation.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
solocam_aggie is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 09:25 AM   #381
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
The principle of the matter? And perhaps keeping it from happening to anybody else
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #382
az2tx
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
He didn't get the product that he was sold.
az2tx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top