Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-30-2019, 01:29 PM   #51
CRM_95
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Whatever you do, don't let someone threatening litigation scare you. I'd send him a certified check for the exact amount that was agreed originaly upon, with a letter from my lawyer stating if the animals weren't recieved he'd get that court date he was so desperately looking for
This
CRM_95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 01:31 PM   #52
CodyWitt
Six Point

Hunt In: Old Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmjag64 View Post
He can keep the animals. You can save the funds for a real trip. For those that paid, that sucks.
I would agree, but I shot a Red Duiker with my bow that will be in the top 10 in the world. I would like that one back, but I don’t want it back badly enough to trust him to do the right thing with my money.
CodyWitt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #53
CodyWitt
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
Sad to hear this bad experience with Lammie. Me and 2 other buddies booked with him and went over to the Zululand lodge last year and had a blast. Between the 3 of us I think we shot 29 animals total, I would have highly recommend hunting with him to anybody and all the reviews that I have ever read were all positive. Most of the reviews that I read came from this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had heard nothing but good things as we. That was the reason for choosing him. Unfortunately he made several bad decisions on our hunt. I’m sure those were due to him selling his property, but I can’t take the short end of the stick for it. Desperate people do desperate things and I think Lammie bit off a little more than he could chew with this one.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:39 PM   #54
Killer Miller
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sulphur Springs & Georgetown

Sounds like he should be the one worried. I'd say bring it on buddy!
Killer Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 01:49 PM   #55
lordvader
Four Point

You may have to get lawyers involved. He misrepresented the services you purchased. You should be taking him to court. If it were me, he'd be lucky to get the original price quoted. You paid for things that were not available, and he knew this. In my opinion, that contract is void. It's time for you to play hard ball with him.
lordvader is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 01:54 PM   #56
rladner
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Cody,

Do you have the PH's contact info from your hunt? If so, reach out to him and ask him where the animals are. If Lammie doesn't have property there anymore then chances are they are still sitting with the PH waiting to go to the Dip and Ship. Maybe they already went there, if so Lammie shouldn't have any control over the animals any longer and you may not have to worry about that.
rladner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #57
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Sorry to hear this. Hope you get it straightend out. Sad situation.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 01:58 PM   #58
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman & Loving

That sucks man.
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 03:41 PM   #59
Kdog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kinney County, TX/Wisconsin/Canada

Vacation ruined! I agree with others, the guy is bluffing. I would be willing to bet he likely has financial problems and cannot afford to lawyer up anyway, even if he had a leg to stand on. Good luck, don't be bullied.

Last edited by Kdog; 08-30-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Kdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 03:54 PM   #60
100%TtId
Ten Point

Maybe some mail fraud on his part as well.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 04:10 PM   #61
TXBRASS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dryden & Hallettsville, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyWitt View Post
I would agree, but I shot a Red Duiker with my bow that will be in the top 10 in the world. I would like that one back, but I don’t want it back badly enough to trust him to do the right thing with my money.
I totally agree that the guy scammed you, was not honest about anything, and the accommodations were dirt, but if I shot ANYTHING that was the TOP 10 in the world, then to me that's a hunt of a lifetime and worth a LOT to get my trophy back..... just saying.....
TXBRASS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 04:20 PM   #62
Huggybear
Ten Point

Don’t pay and stop communication.
Huggybear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 04:21 PM   #63
mikemorvan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: vetements noirs

Quote:
Correct. Only he is the apparent “owner” of the operation not a broker. I don’t understand what leg he thinks he has to stand on in the situation. He just sent me a text telling me that he is no longer responsible for the condition of our animal.... basically implying good luck getting them back.
Is it possible he's in cahoots w/ the CraigsList scammer that owes you a trolling motor? Another assignment for Big Red?
mikemorvan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 04:53 PM   #64
Jspradley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Oh man I hope you have everything in writing...
Jspradley is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 04:58 PM   #65
BO-N-ARO
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kansas / Missouri / Africa

Get in touch with SCI and the Dallas Safari Club and report this guy. They may be able to offer suggestions and put pressure on him. If they black ball him he is done. They will work with the African Professional Hunter Association w and he will he out of business.
BO-N-ARO is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 05:02 PM   #66
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Is that your group on his FB page.. "The Boys from Texas" pics?
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #67
kal
Spike

I would attempt to deal directly with the PH you had in Africa. Chances are he can do more for you on his side. So sorry that you had a bad trip as hunting in Africa is a wonderful thing.
kal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #68
CodyWitt
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemorvan View Post
Is it possible he's in cahoots w/ the CraigsList scammer that owes you a trolling motor? Another assignment for Big Red?
Man I’m telling you! I know how to pick em!
Old 08-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #69
MASTERS
Ten Point

Hunt In: In the brush....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightinaggies View Post
I wouldnt pay anything, you didnt get what you agreed upon why would you owe him a thing? Chalk the animals as a loss and move on. Seems like you should be the one looking to recoup loss from him!
Couldn't agree more!
MASTERS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:09 PM   #70
brunner
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca/Comal County

I am honestly shocked that he did not make you pay in full before you departed Africa. That is kind of strange to me from what I know and what I experienced in Africa when we went.

In my opinion I do not think that he will sue just for the fact if he was really serious he would’ve already had a lawyer write a certified letter to you.

I would contact the Dallas Safari club and from there I would contact your PH and find out where your animals are.

I personally would let him take you to court and if he doesn’t I would take him to court. For the amount of money at stake and the animals at stake, I would make sure that my “investment “ would be protected.

brunner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:10 PM   #71
brunner
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca/Comal County

You could always post his number and email on here LOL that ought to get his attention

brunner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:18 PM   #72
DJM
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co

Sounds like he committed fraud in Texas and possibly mail fraud.A call the State Attoney General may be in order.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:23 PM   #73
Texas Stalker
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma/Taylor County

Pay him for agreed upon prices then if he doesn’t get you your animals sue him. Also blast his company so no one else buys his crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Texas Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #74
Casey
Administrator

Hunt In: Frio, Blanco Counties

I believe a successful suit involving the Deceptive Trade Practices Act in Texas can generate judgments up to 3 times damages. This seems to fit in that category. I'd get that ball rolling sooner rather than later.

It's that or walk away. I'm guessing he doesn't have much control over your animals at this point, or he would have told you they won't ship, not that they'll be damaged.
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:27 PM   #75
Buffalo1
Four Point

African business and American law is like trying to mix oil and water.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I always thought Lammie was a straight-up guy till I read this post.
Buffalo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:29 PM   #76
Jon B
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

Man so sorry to hear this. Nothing worse than saving money for a nice hunt and getting ripped off.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:31 PM   #77
deerplanter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas8point View Post
consult a lawyer and have a discussion.
This
deerplanter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:56 PM   #78
Buff
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

Don’t send him a penny. Tell him to keep the animals .
Go back next year with a real outfit
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 08:57 PM   #79
Marco
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale, Texas

I would say a "Welcome to Texas *** Whoopin is in order here".��
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 09:08 PM   #80
Bradical BH
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gillespie Co
Default Lawsuit

For somebody to immediately threaten legal action shows they have no idea what they are talking about. He’s not going to file against you or he would have shut his mouth and done it. Plus he knows if he even tries to his whole scam of an operation will be exposed. I wouldn’t sweat it. Like stated earlier. What a moron for not collecting before the trip.
Bradical BH is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 09:25 PM   #81
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Two things. Be the first to hire a lawyer, don’t wait on him. As was said, be careful about what you put on social media. Good luck !
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 09:32 PM   #82
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.

I sure hate to be a Richard but I seen a picture of that "Red Duiker". If that's the 10th largest in the world, you'd have a real hard time seein a small one.
Really though I hope you get the restitution you deserve. He ain't no better than a thief.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
bakin7005 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 09:44 PM   #83
Mission408
Spike

Hunt In: Brownwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
I’d pay him what was I agreed on and not a penny more. Let him take you to court if it doesn’t sit well with him. If he refuses to give you your animals don’t pay a dime and take him to court. This guy sounds like a straight up scam artist.
This/\ that way you held up your end of the agreement. What that guy needs tho is a good beating
Mission408 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2019, 09:55 PM   #84
Alta
Four Point

Hunt In: Markham, Tx; Mississippi

Consult with an attorney and make sure you give the complete picture (not just the details that benefit you). Based on what you said and if you have proof to document it there could be a pretty substantial lawsuit against this guy and his operation (all airfare, travel expenses, etc. cost of hunt refunded to those who paid and other damages). I certainly wouldn’t let this guy scare you.

Edit to add that based on the price of the hunts this guy would be suing you in small claims court (those courts don’t really like it when parties hire lawyers and usually look out for the little guys). Your potential lawsuit is much greater against him.

Last edited by Alta; 08-30-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Alta is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2019, 07:32 AM   #85
DTala
Ten Point

Whip his *** seabass.....
DTala is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2019, 07:37 AM   #86
IowaHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: IA + MA

Get Burnadel and pay him a visit!
IowaHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2019, 07:41 AM   #87
EarleyBird
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home

Quote:
Correct. Only he is the apparent “owner” of the operation not a broker. I don’t understand what leg he thinks he has to stand on in the situation. He just sent me a text telling me that he is no longer responsible for the condition of our animal.... basically implying good luck getting them back.
Then I'd send him exactly half of the original agreed-upon price, and tell him he'll get the other half when you get your animals.
EarleyBird is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2019, 07:47 AM   #88
Hart8
Pope & Young

Hunt In: concho co. tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Don’t send him a penny. Tell him to keep the animals .

Go back next year with a real outfit
This is what I would do as well..Pic's,and memories serve me pretty well though..Him holding your horns hostage is supposed the scare you I suppose.He's probably done it before.
Me being me,I'd tell him to suck them bone's;and when I see him at the next Safari Club Show I'm gonna beat the **** out of you,and use "his" money to bail myself outta jail.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 12:03 PM   #89
firehunt fish
Four Point

Hunt In: Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladner View Post
Man, this makes me so glad I found and chose a really good outfit. That is a lot of time and money to invest in what most folks consider a trip of a lifetime. Hopefully you have not been soured on Africa. You should seriously look at Limcroma if you plan to go again. Hannes would NEVER treat any of his clients like this. I agree with what others have said, pay him what was agreed upon. As for the animals, they have likely gone to the Dip n Ship, Exporter. If so, unless Lammie owns that company, you should be fine. The Exporter is likely a separate company and it is a separate transaction between you and them, not Lammie. He shouldn't be able to affect that, unless he never sent the animals to them. But, also sounds like Lammie was "leasing" the lodge and ranch from someone else. May want to find out who that was and let them know.
I agree 100%... I truly hate to hear stories like this. It's troubling to hear the OP is dealing with this... Bad experiences with outfitters like this can happen if you are not hunting with a well-established, reputable, vetted outfitter. That's why I adamantly stress to each and every prospective African hunting client to be diligent in your research, read hunting reports, and confer with as many references as you can contact before committing with a deposit. And, keep in mind that going with the cheapest quote is usually not the best deal in the end. Quality outfitted experiences will not be the cheapest deals, and the old cliche applies that you usually get what you pay for...

Limcroma has owned and operated their own in-house dip & pack facility for many years now specifically to keep horror stories with client trophies like this from occurring. As far as I am aware, they are the only African outfitter to do this. Trophy care after the hunt is the most overlooked aspect of the entire safari experience. Yet, it can be the most frustrating and expensive aspect if things go wrong. I would also encourage prospective clients researching outfitters to include questions about the trophy care process and costs.
firehunt fish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 12:29 PM   #90
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bastrop

Any updates on this?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
solocam_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #91
longhorn_cop
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tx panhandle, Mex.

Post up his info.
longhorn_cop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #92
locknload
Ten Point

Hunt In: Throckmorton, Hamilton Counties

Wow. This is awful. Don't pay and counter suit if necessary,
locknload is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 02:16 PM   #93
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Wow. I wouldn't pay any more than the original agreed amount. And, considering his veiled threats of trashing your trophies, I probably wouldn't pay anything until I had them in my possession or at least could meet with him to personally inspect each one to verify it's mine and in good condition before we exchanged goods/money. I'd welcome the opportunity to sit in front of a judge with the guy and have us both tell our stories.
I’m with Shane. Once he mentioned threats of lawyers I wouldn’t pay him a red cent. Send him ONE TEXT saying your terms are the above and that if restitution for your trophies can’t be resolved that your next communication with him will be via your attorney.
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 02:33 PM   #94
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspradley View Post
Oh man I hope you have everything in writing...
I've seen this asked over and over and over in this thread.

Post up the contract info he gave you up front. Then post what he's asking for.

Really easy to expose this con man.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #95
Roy Munson
Six Point

Anyone who would engage in that type of dishonest and deceptive behavior isn’t likely to comply with the terms of the agreement even if you pay him what he is asking. Probably won’t get your animals either way. He is obviously in a terrible financial situation or worse if he is behaving this way.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 04:15 PM   #96
redfishted
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas, Iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunner View Post
I am honestly shocked that he did not make you pay in full before you departed Africa. That is kind of strange to me from what I know and what I experienced in Africa when we went.

In my opinion I do not think that he will sue just for the fact if he was really serious he would’ve already had a lawyer write a certified letter to you.

I would contact the Dallas Safari club and from there I would contact your PH and find out where your animals are.

I personally would let him take you to court and if he doesn’t I would take him to court. For the amount of money at stake and the animals at stake, I would make sure that my “investment “ would be protected.

I have been to SA twice, never paid a dime until I returned, we agreed on what I owed before I left, I tipped out everyone, a week or so after I got home I get an invoice and I wire the money in US $.
redfishted is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2019, 06:11 PM   #97
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kent Co., Stonewall Co., CO, Limpopo RSA

Sorry this is happening to you!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-03-2019, 10:23 PM   #98
Roy Munson
Six Point

I would love an update. If any of what you posted is true that ****er deserves everything that is coming to him. You need to continually update this thread so it will come up in Google searches for Dare to Bow Hunt and Lammie. That way other people aren't taken advantage of.
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #99
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I would love an update. If any of what you posted is true that ****er deserves everything that is coming to him. You need to continually update this thread so it will come up in Google searches for Dare to Bow Hunt and Lammie. That way other people aren't taken advantage of.
I would like an update also. I'd like him to prove his stance. I'm all for bashing but only if the claim is proven.

Too many people hear a story and jump on the bashing bandwagon without proof.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-04-2019, 09:21 AM   #100
Boomerang
Pope & Young

Wow!!!
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top