NASP State Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NASP State Tournament

Gotta brag on my elementary kids a little.
    This is our second year fielding an archery team. Last year we didn’t qualify as a team but had 2 boys score high enough to go to state as individuals.

This year, we set a team goal to qualify for state and discussed all the intermediate goals they needed to accomplish. And hot dang if they didn’t get after it and succeed!!

We placed 15th in our division out of 32 teams. That’s a good jump from 23rd out of 24 last year! Our school motto is “work hard, never give up.”

What an amazing life lesson these kids are going to learn when they find out on Monday at morning assembly tgat their hard work has made them the first archery team in district history to ever accomplish this!!

This.

This is why I love archery.

Congrats on the team success! NASP is a fantastic program.The state tournament is an exciting event. NASP nationals, in Louisville, KY is mind blowing. There will be 7,000+ archers there from around the country. Once your program is more established, nationals should be something to 'shoot' for.

Comment

Congrats! My NASP program is getting there slowly. Good luck!

Comment

NASP State Tournament

Tournament was an incredible experience.
        The whole district got behind our 20 member team, with the central office, hs cheerleaders, and hs band lining up to play the kids onto the bus!! All the classes made signs and were in the foyer cheering for them!
        I had to compose myself for a second before following them out...allergies got real bad and my eyes were really watery.

The kids had no idea that was coming.

They all shot their personal best which was and will always be the main goal. Make each shot the best you can do.
        We had one fifth grade boy finish number 12 in the state. 2 places out of an invite to the national tournament.

Coolest thing was to see the number of parents, friends and family there. Easily twice as many family than archers. Brothers and sisters missed school and cake with their parents. It was a touching day.

This is why I love archery.
        This is why I do what I do.

Comment

Working...
        X