Indian Reservation Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian Reservation Question

Here’s a really good question that hopefully some of you with experience can answer. With me being white I do realize that this could potentially put me in danger. Not saying I’ve made an agreement already. Right now I’m just hearing them out. I was contacted by a representative of a reservation about doing some work for them. This is something that won’t even be considered without knowing everything that I can possibly know up front.

I’ve heard stories of white guys being drug before the Indian council to make a show of things. And to teach them a lesson on Indian ways. One person said sometimes depending on circumstances you may not be so lucky to even get before a council. Now these stories had more to do with white hunters on a reservation. I sure don’t want to the recipient of their violence and hatred just because I’m white. Right now I’m still just trying to learn what to expect with this work. So many unknowns.

I’ve been around a lot of rez’ here in Nevada....not once have I felt threatened. No idea where those stories come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
      I’ve been around a lot of rez’ here in Nevada....not once have I felt threatened. No idea where those stories come from.
      Old westerns. It’s crazy what those savages would do to the white man.

Just bring fire water, you’ll be ok.

Comment

Practice Indian leg wrestling.
        The loser will be given a vicious Indian burn, then be summarily scalped.
        Bring some beads and elk teeth to trade, and make sure you eat anything they offer you, as well as smoking the old peace pipe when it comes around.
        If you don't know what to say just say "shumani tatonka, owacheyalow. "

Comment

Is there a question in this thread?

Comment

What is your question and what kind of work?

I've never experienced or heard of what you stated

Comment

Just take lots of firewater with you.

Comment

I think someone has been pulling your leg

I have 0 experience with reservations and I cant imagine there would be any trouble going work for them.

Comment

Keep your hands off their horses and squaws and you should be fine.

...... And is this reservation near McRib Texas?
                  Last edited by Txbownut; 01-11-2019, 04:57 AM.

Comment

In New Mexico they have their own law enforcement and rules, if your hunting or working on a reservation you should educate yourself on their regulations. A friend of mine is Navajo and lives on a reservation he has told me some crazy stories about people that visit the res.

Comment

Ask them if they want to play Cowboys and Indians

Comment

When I go the Indian reservation they take all my money every single time! Those dang slot machines never give it back!

Comment

Just remember, its puff, puff pass on the peace pipe.

Comment

naalzheehí

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't offer scalps, you may end up with a squaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X