No announcement yet.

Saddle hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I set up in the morning before day light and then I take down after my morning hunt. Do the same thing in the evening. Unless I know I’m going to hunt there again in the evening. I’ll take it back down after the evening hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
      So you're setting that up every morning before each hunt?

I own 70 acres in Oklahoma and don't have a lot of big trees that setup well for hang on stands. I could see the saddle being a good setup for these little 8-10" diameter trees that I have.
      Hang ons work fine on 8-10" diameter trees

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Following and considering Saddle in future as well...

Comment

I just ordered one from Aero Hunter, 10 week back order waiting on climbing rope from distributor. Looks like I'll have plenty of time to practice with it for next season.

Comment

Where are you guys getting your rope for your lineman belt. I don't want to buy 50 ft of rope if I don't have to.. I'm gonna wait until after season to order my saddle because of the wait time..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
              Where are you guys getting your rope for your lineman belt. I don't want to buy 50 ft of rope if I don't have to.. I'm gonna wait until after season to order my saddle because of the wait time..

I used the linesman belt I already had. You can buy one at most decent sporting goods stores/online retailers.

I haven’t signed in there, but I understand there’s tons of info on the saddlehunter forum.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                I bought a lifeline rope and cut is in pieces for my tether and lineman's rope. REI also sells their ropes by the foot but it was most cost effective to buy the rope that came with a prussik already.

Comment

The Atwoods in our town hands HSS(I think) safety ropes with two prussics and I believe two carabiners for 29.99. Has plenty of rope to make a linemans also.

Comment

I really wish I had ordered a saddle already! This hang on stand thing sucks haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                      I really wish I had ordered a saddle already! This hang on stand thing sucks haha
                      You really don't HAVE to have a saddle. There are options to the saddle.
                      Go to saddlehunter and explore.

Some people use rock climbing harness and alternative "seat" set ups.

It could get you started just to see if you like it or not, a bit cheaper. Of course, you maybe one of those that say "buy once, cry once" instead of spending a bit here and there, eventually maybe costing more to figure out what you want/need or even like it.

I'm not gonna espouse different set-ups cause I'm not an "expert", just a casual observer that has dabbled in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                        I bought a lifeline rope and cut is in pieces for my tether and lineman's rope. REI also sells their ropes by the foot but it was most cost effective to buy the rope that came with a prussik already.
                        Ok thanks for the info guys..

Comment

No way I could have hung my old stand in this tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                            No way I could have hung my old stand in this tree...

No way I would have hung my ol azz in that little twig!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                              You really don't HAVE to have a saddle. There are options to the saddle.
                              Go to saddlehunter and explore.

Some people use rock climbing harness and alternative "seat" set ups.

It could get you started just to see if you like it or not, a bit cheaper. Of course, you maybe one of those that say "buy once, cry once" instead of spending a bit here and there, eventually maybe costing more to figure out what you want/need or even like it.

I'm not gonna espouse different set-ups cause I'm not an "expert", just a casual observer that has dabbled in it.
                              Yeah I've been looking at those DIY sit drag setups... unfortunately my track record has always been spending 2x the cash trying different stuff out only to end up buying the expensive option haha

Comment

No way I would have hung my ol azz in that little twig!! Lol

It was a bit sketchy, but it was the ‘right tree’ for that spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X