Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from antelope hunting and the gun worked out well. I used the arca swiss plate for one of them on my tripod and the other one I used the bipod to shoot from.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to everyone, and thanks for posting pics! As far as next year's build........I don't have a clue yet. I loved what we did last year by just throwing around ideas on here and coming up with something as a group. We've pretty much always done hunting builds, which is fine if we continue down that path. We've never done a true dedicated long range thumper like our Range Boss, which might be fun. I'm working on several projects that will hopefully expand our options in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        Congrats to everyone, and thanks for posting pics! As far as next year's build........I don't have a clue yet. I loved what we did last year by just throwing around ideas on here and coming up with something as a group. We've pretty much always done hunting builds, which is fine if we continue down that path. We've never done a true dedicated long range thumper like our Range Boss, which might be fun. I'm working on several projects that will hopefully expand our options in the near future.
        Thanks again for doing the build. Something like the APR Tomahawk would be a really cool option for next year or if you wanted to do something easier for you guys doing a deal on your Barreled Actions would give guys freedom to finish it how they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
          I can’t wait to see what y’all come up with for next year. I’m hoping it’s another hunting type build or I really like the idea of a long range thumper type build, similar to the Range boss, maybe with the apr 2 action and a ag composite stock to bring the cost down some.

My 10 year old already stole my build from this year lol. He is shooting cloverleafs at 100 and inch and a half groups at 200 with it. Forgot to take pictures at the range Sunday though. Thanks again Robert.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post

I can’t wait to see what y’all come up with for next year. I’m hoping it’s another hunting type build or I really like the idea of a long range thumper type build, similar to the Range boss, maybe with the apr 2 action and a ag composite stock to bring the cost down some.

My 10 year old already stole my build from this year lol. He is shooting cloverleafs at 100 and inch and a half groups at 200 with it. Forgot to take pictures at the range Sunday though. Thanks again Robert.

That makes me smile. Not a better way to "lose" a rifle that I know of.

Comment

would love to see another hunting build offered this year. Considering building up a 25 SST and having something like last year's package would be great. I'll keep an eye on the forums.

Comment

It would be great to see a hunting build based strictly for suppressor use. I believe it would be very popular as suppressor use is growing by leaps and bounds.��

Comment

I’ll vote for a hunting rifle/long range build. Been thinking hard about a 300PRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by robie View Post
                    Just got back from antelope hunting and the gun worked out well. I used the arca swiss plate for one of them on my tripod and the other one I used the bipod to shoot from.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
                    What sling are you using Robie?

Comment

Looks like a TAB gear sling

Comment

Originally posted by DSDC View Post
                        What sling are you using Robie?
                        A cheap one from amazon, it worked great - LINK

Comment

Originally posted by robie View Post
                          A cheap one from amazon, it worked great - LINK
                          Thanks for the link. Ordered

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                            Thanks for the link. Ordered
                            You are welcome. For a no frills sling its great.

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Comment

Shouldve home that route instead of spend $80+ for basically the same thing lol

Comment

Working...
                                X