Easton T64 FMJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easton T64 FMJ

I have been thinking of going to a heavier arrow and doing some searching on the internet. I ran across a new arrow released by Easton. The T64 FMJ is a tapered shaft that starts at 6mm up front and tapers to 4mm at the nock end. It is supposed to improve FOC by 30%. They just released info a few days ago. I guess that I will have to wait for more info. The website states that there will be two spine deflections to accommodate all spines from 400 to 300. Sounds interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Here is a video I did on the 5mm FMJ vs my Victory VAP. FMJs of all types are good, but VAP was far superior in penetration, speed, price, and more durable, despite being 40 grains lighter.

This arrow may be different, I haven't seen it yet, but I'd like to try it out. I also want to try the New Victory Xtorsion SS. It's a carbon Stainless steel weave hunting arrow.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

If this arrow is the real deal, this will be great for hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be ordering some

https://eastonarchery.com/arrows_/t64/

Comment

I saw on archery talk someone said they were like $600 a dozen. I know we pay a lot for bows and other things but for the 1st in a long time I feel thats too steep of a price for arrows. Now if they guarantee I can aim and shoot 180 degree opposite of the animal I'm shooting at and still center punch the heart then I'm all for it. But I dont think that's the case.

Comment

Even 300 bucks a dozen is expensive for a simple taper. The Victory VAP has a taper from the outsert to the shaft...lol. I'm going to contact them to see if I can get a sample arrow for testing and review. Probably will get shot down, but worth a shot.

Comment

Just verified and guy on YouTube interviewed a rep from easton and with a straight the easton rep said $299 for 6 shafts. So for a dozen that's $600.

Comment

Originally posted by antiparadigm View Post
                Even 300 bucks a dozen is expensive for a simple taper. The Victory VAP has a taper from the outsert to the shaft...lol. I'm going to contact them to see if I can get a sample arrow for testing and review. Probably will get shot down, but worth a shot.

You do realize victory has been building a tapered shaft all through 2018. Right

Comment

They updated the video and it's actually 299 for a dozen arrows not 6 arrows

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                    You do realize victory has been building a tapered shaft all through 2018. Right
                    Which one is that? Is it a hunting arrow?

Comment

Originally posted by antiparadigm View Post
                      Which one is that? Is it a hunting arrow?

Yes, it’s a hunting arrow. It’s the grizzly stik.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam G. View Post
                        Just verified and guy on YouTube interviewed a rep from easton and with a straight the easton rep said $299 for 6 shafts. So for a dozen that's $600.
                        Saw that same video, it’s been corrected... 299 for 12

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                          Saw that same video, it’s been corrected... 299 for 12
                          Well it looks like they priced them out of my range. I will have to keep on looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                            Well it looks like they priced them out of my range. I will have to keep on looking.
                            All are to high. A standard arrow is less then a $1 to make. A tapered shaft is around $3. Not sure on this one due to the aluminum on it. But I bet it’s not more the. $4 to make. (My numbers are not 100% but are close)

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
                              Yes, it’s a hunting arrow. It’s the grizzly stik.
                              You are correct! I didn't know they were made by Victory.

They sell test packs and let you test them. If you like them and buy more, they deduct the price of the test pack from the ones you buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X