Likin this kayakin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Likin this kayakin!

Really diggin the new kayak! Went to lake Houston today. Ain't never fished there b4. Never took my bass boat bcuz of all the horror stories I heard about people tearing up their boats, no fish, baby ruths floatin around everywhere. Figured since I was in a kayak, I couldnt knock out the lower unit!

Started out really good. Stopped at whataburger for a cup of coffee and a BoB. You know its gonna be a good day when you start out at whataburger!

Put in on the north end of the lake, on the east fork of the San Jacinto river. Really cool lookin area. Didnt realize there were so many cypress trees up there! Didnt catch many fish. Only got one in the boat. 3 bites. Caught 1, lost 1, missed 1. Idc. It ain't always about catchin (says the guy that only caught 1 bass!) But, i can see me goin back!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200717_055637.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	25218081

Name:	Resized_20200717_071938.jpg
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	25218082

Name:	Resized_20200717_070509.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	25218083

Name:	Resized_20200717_074056.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	25218084

Name:	Resized_20200717_082724.jpg
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	25218085

It is one of my favorite places to fish & just paddle around. If you want to catch some fish. Look at Bear Branch Reservoir in the Woodlands. You will have to paddle thru some grass & moss but once you get out of it. Lots of fish, lots of birds to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
      It is one of my favorite places to fish & just paddle around. If you want to catch some fish. Look at Bear Branch Reservoir in the Woodlands. You will have to paddle thru some grass & moss but once you get out of it. Lots of fish, lots of birds to watch.
      I'll have to check it out! Thanks!

Comment

Looks cool

Comment

Get you a hammock and start some over night trips. Lots of fun. The white bass run is always fun too

Comment

That’s a good fishing trip for sure, and really nice pics from the kayak. That calm water is begging for a top water to be thrown at it, good luck.

Comment

A BOB ! You know that stands for battery operated boyfriend, right ? Hope the coffee and fishing were good though. Lol

Comment

Grew up on lake poo poo. It's beautiful up there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
                  Get you a hammock and start some over night trips. Lots of fun. The white bass run is always fun too
                  We're plannin our first overnighter soon!

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    A BOB ! You know that stands for battery operated boyfriend, right ? Hope the coffee and fishing were good though. Lol
                    Idk what yall do up there in east California, or should I say, what yall ain't able to do. But in Texas, a BoB is a breakfast on a bun, from the world's greatest burgertorium, WHATABURGER!

Comment

The wife and I were on foot hiking that area this morning. Water was nicer than I've seen it in a long time.

Comment

Bass Yakin is fun. I got into it a few months ago and go out at least once a week. It’s a fun way to get into them

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                          Idk what yall do up there in east California, or should I say, what yall ain't able to do. But in Texas, a BoB is a breakfast on a bun, from the world's greatest burgertorium, WHATABURGER!
                          Kayaking is fun. Went out today for a Lil not with my oldest. Had to tow her behind me bc of the wind but it was still nice.

And you are correct on the BoB. I eat one several times a week. Sausage and bacon both on it makes it double good.

Comment

Great to see someone enjoying a new hobby. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                              (Breakfast on Bun) Ranchero is with Jalapeno

Great Pic thx

Comment

Working...
                              X