Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 02:08 PM   #1
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default suppressors in stock?

Dang, I'm getting an education here. Got my trust set up with Sean C. but now I can't find anything to buy Well, that is without extra waiting. I just learned that if I order from silencershop it takes a couple of months for the can to get to one of their dealers near me... and the wait starts AFTER that.

So, I have found the silencerco hybrid in stock at two shops but I don't think it's the one for me. I guess I could just make a Saturday trip to Austin but if anybody knows of a shop with a good 30 cal in stock closer to Houston, let me know.

Also ordered some fingerprint cards today so I can do some Form 1 fun
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
mmoses
Ten Point
 
mmoses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: League City TX
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Check out capital armory.
mmoses is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
Slick8
Pope & Young
 
Slick8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, Texas
Hunt In: In the woods
Default

I can't search from work but you may want to give Extreme Guns and Ammo in Richmond a call. They had a few in last time I was there. Other than that, all you can is do hit the ole google button and start making phone calls.

They're not too far from you on Hwy 90A on the east side of Richmond just minutes off of the Grand Parkway. I had the same issue back last spring as I wanted a Thunder beast Ultra and no one had a 30 cal QD mount in Houston...that I could find. I ordered from Mile High Firearms in Denver and had to wait 6 weeks for it to be delivered to my local dealer.
Slick8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
Jethro
Ten Point
 
Jethro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Collingsworth County
Hunt In: Loco, Quail, Lutie, Needwood.
Default

For sure check out Capitol. You can order from them and once it gets in they can ship anywhere in TX as long as you have a valid LTC (CHL). It adds a couple weeks on the back end for the shipping thing, but if they have what you want in stock (and they probably do), then you can get rolling on it pronto and get your form-4 on the way to ATF without having to wait for one to come in on a form-3 from somewhere else. Capitol is easy to deal with.

http://www.capitolarmory.com/suppres...2-308-6mm.html
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #5
Tx_Punisher
Six Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

I know AGR Outdoors in cypress has some things in stock as does Texas tactical off fuqua in s Houston.
Tx_Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #6
BrianL
Pope & Young
 
BrianL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paris
Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens
Default

We are picking up 5 from Capital Armory today!!
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #7
Outbreaker
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston
Default

I have bought 3 suppressors through Silencer Shop.

Now they ship to a dealer near you.
Outbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #8
KDinTX
Ten Point
 
KDinTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hewitt
Hunt In: Bosque Co., Henderson Co.
Default

Capital Armory for sure, ive got an Omega that should get approved any day, and going to buy another when I pick that one up.
KDinTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 03:40 PM   #9
Horitexan
Pope & Young
 
Horitexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sabinal, TX
Hunt In: Brushy Hill Ranch, Sabinal, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
For sure check out Capitol. You can order from them and once it gets in they can ship anywhere in TX as long as you have a valid LTC (CHL). It adds a couple weeks on the back end for the shipping thing, but if they have what you want in stock (and they probably do), then you can get rolling on it pronto and get your form-4 on the way to ATF without having to wait for one to come in on a form-3 from somewhere else. Capitol is easy to deal with.

http://www.capitolarmory.com/suppres...2-308-6mm.html


This^^

Best place we've ever dealt with. Even if you have to wait, I'd deal with them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horitexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 03:49 PM   #10
Hunt_4_Life
Four Point
 
Hunt_4_Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Klein, Texas
Default

Call Spring Guns and Ammo. last time I was there they had some 30 caps in stock. Good luck. Still waiting on ATF on my cans, going on 8 months.
Hunt_4_Life is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
ultrastealth
Ten Point
 
ultrastealth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX
Default

We're in kind of a weird situation right now with suppressors due to the pending legislation. It's really a crapshoot. Some people are buying now because they think the HP Act will pass and then demand will go through the roof, others are waiting to see what happens. My own take is this, if you want one anyway and can get what you want, pull the trigger now. On the other hand, if you can't find what you really want, or you don't have any pressing need, wait and see what happens. If the act passes (I don't give it more than a 50/50 chance due to the fact that the democrats in the Senate are going to go full tilt against it), two things are going to happen. Number one, you won't be able to find a suppressor to buy for months. Number two, a huge number of new people are going to get into the suppressor business, and there will eventually be lots of options and better prices. There aren't any needs for me right now, but there are always wants. I'm waiting to see what happens.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 04:19 PM   #12
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default suppressors in stock?

Contact Jake at Circle Star Firearms. He may be in your area. He's a TBH sponsor too.

If you can find someone local or at least within driving distance you'll be better off. Buying from someone out of your area adds 10-15 days to your wait time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 04:23 PM   #13
kae006
Pope & Young
 
kae006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Minnesota
Hunt In: Colorado, Wyoming
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
Dang, I'm getting an education here. Got my trust set up with Sean C. but now I can't find anything to buy Well, that is without extra waiting. I just learned that if I order from silencershop it takes a couple of months for the can to get to one of their dealers near me... and the wait starts AFTER that.

So, I have found the silencerco hybrid in stock at two shops but I don't think it's the one for me. I guess I could just make a Saturday trip to Austin but if anybody knows of a shop with a good 30 cal in stock closer to Houston, let me know.

Also ordered some fingerprint cards today so I can do some Form 1 fun
Call Adam @ A&P Armory (832) 514-6797. He's off 249 & Hardin Store rd just north of Tomball
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #14
DarrellS
Ten Point
 
DarrellS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lorena,Texas
Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties
Default

Eric @ Jep Firearms. Usually has plenty in stock and great deals.

http://www.jepfirearms.com/Home.php
DarrellS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 08:07 PM   #15
Horitexan
Pope & Young
 
Horitexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sabinal, TX
Hunt In: Brushy Hill Ranch, Sabinal, TX
Default

Capitol Armory is just north of Austin, in a suburb.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horitexan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #16
Dejashoot
Pope & Young
 
Dejashoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston and Brazoria
Hunt In: Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Brackettville and Brazoria
Default

I bought a from Silencer Shop a few years back. After they changed, I started purchasing from Capitol. They are great to deal with.

I have a SiCo Hybrid and it is a great addition to my selection. I like it a lot. A little heavier and longer than my Omegas but worth it to have a can that can run on just about everything.
Dejashoot is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #17
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default

Thanks for all the input. I have the bug for sure, hard to scratch a year in advance. Filled out my form 1 today and as soon as my fingerprint cards show up, that will be mailed. Supposedly Form 1s are moving a little faster and I'm excited to DIY anything I can (pun intended).

I'll check out some of these shops this weekend hopefully. I'll be too busy with work to do any more on this for the next two days.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 09:06 PM   #18
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejashoot View Post
I have a SiCo Hybrid and it is a great addition to my selection. I like it a lot. A little heavier and longer than my Omegas but worth it to have a can that can run on just about everything.
I have one in jail right now, I'm just depressed I can't use it for full house loads on the 10.5" Raptor SBR I'll be building soon. But it'll work just fine on my 18" (soon to be chopped to 16" and threaded) 45-70.
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #19
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
I have one in jail right now, I'm just depressed I can't use it for full house loads on the 10.5" Raptor SBR I'll be building soon. But it'll work just fine on my 18" (soon to be chopped to 16" and threaded) 45-70.
I'm watching vids/reviews on it and it looks like a good option. I just wish you did not have to fork up an extra $125 for the ASR mount plus whatever muzzle device you want to use.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #20
krisw
Pope & Young
 
krisw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hughes Springs, TX
Hunt In: Cass County
Default

Tagging this for later. I am in the same boat.
krisw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2017, 06:56 PM   #21
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default

Well I got some good leads on some cans in my budget and will follow up this weekend. Lots of PMs too. My new plan A however is going to be two Form 1s that I just completed. Just waiting on fingerprint cards and ink pad that will be here on Saturday and I'll mail those off
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #22
CLW
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Hunt In: DeWitt County & South TX
Default

Able's Guns and Ammo in Conroe
936-756-4115
CLW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #23
Dejashoot
Pope & Young
 
Dejashoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston and Brazoria
Hunt In: Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Brackettville and Brazoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
Well I got some good leads on some cans in my budget and will follow up this weekend. Lots of PMs too. My new plan A however is going to be two Form 1s that I just completed. Just waiting on fingerprint cards and ink pad that will be here on Saturday and I'll mail those off
Form 1 Suppressor or SBR or?
Dejashoot is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #24
Matt_C
Ten Point
 
Matt_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McKinney, Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Big Tex 308 is your guy.
Matt_C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2017, 09:05 PM   #25
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default suppressors in stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejashoot View Post
Form 1 Suppressor or SBR or?


Both! Also considering one for a Rimfire pistol so may actually send off 3 forms at once.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #26
Jethro
Ten Point
 
Jethro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Collingsworth County
Hunt In: Loco, Quail, Lutie, Needwood.
Default

Personally I wouldn't form-1 a can for an SBR, but that is just me. My reasoning is because as you start chopping that barrel, who is going to certify what your form-1 can can take when it comes to short barrels? Suppressor manufacturers have done the testing and research, and know how to rate their cans. Also when you start running a can on an AR, some cans are gassy, and others not so much.

An 18"+ bolt gun is one thing on a form-1 can, but a SBR AR is something else when it comes to cans. I would get a proven design if it were me. Like and Omega or Sandman S. Both would be good for what you are doing there.

Form-1 a rimfire can, no problem. I have seriously considered that myself.
Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #27
raw10628
Ten Point
 
raw10628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cypress, Tx
Default

Capitol Armory is my go to. They make the process seamless. Shipped right to my door and I can see what they have in stock online. Their Easy Pay Plan is a great perk too being able to spread the price out a little bit.
raw10628 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #28
hgiles
Ten Point
 
hgiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: my blind
Default

Just ordered one this morning from Capitol. Now the wait begins...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hgiles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #29
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Personally I wouldn't form-1 a can for an SBR, but that is just me. My reasoning is because as you start chopping that barrel, who is going to certify what your form-1 can can take when it comes to short barrels? Suppressor manufacturers have done the testing and research, and know how to rate their cans. Also when you start running a can on an AR, some cans are gassy, and others not so much.

An 18"+ bolt gun is one thing on a form-1 can, but a SBR AR is something else when it comes to cans. I would get a proven design if it were me. Like and Omega or Sandman S. Both would be good for what you are doing there.

Form-1 a rimfire can, no problem. I have seriously considered that myself.
Good input. I ditched the SBR idea already.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #30
SCREAMINREELS
Pope & Young
 
SCREAMINREELS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Brenham, SHNF
Default

Check out spectre on spring Cypress and 249, that's where I bought my last one. His prices are high...Don't be afraid of sticker shock I pulled up silencer shops prices and told him no way then he came down on his price so they will negotiate
SCREAMINREELS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #31
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
Check out spectre on spring Cypress and 249, that's where I bought my last one. His prices are high...Don't be afraid of sticker shock I pulled up silencer shops prices and told him no way then he came down on his price so they will negotiate
Called earlier this week and he said he no longer sells them.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2017, 12:01 PM   #32
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default

Form 1s heading to the post office today!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2017, 05:58 PM   #33
kumathebear
Pope & Young
 
kumathebear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Granbury
Hunt In: Coke County and Beyond
Default

Take a fun weekend drive to DFW and visit Defender in Fort Worth. They have in stock per your OP and handgun/rifle range plus all you could want to shoot and play with. Then you have to decide when you are moving our way, lol!!
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 12:33 PM   #34
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default

So since I ran out of checks, I just did the credit card on my form 1s. Mail was delivered yesterday and they charged my card first thing this morning. Seems efficient enough, now what accounts for the coming 6 month wait for approval?
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #35
AgBass01
Pope & Young
 
AgBass01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Cuero, Brownwood
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
So since I ran out of checks, I just did the credit card on my form 1s. Mail was delivered yesterday and they charged my card first thing this morning. Seems efficient enough, now what accounts for the coming 6 month wait for approval?
I think you're looking at more along the lines of 8-9 months rather than 6 months.
AgBass01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 12:39 PM   #36
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgBass01 View Post
I think you're looking at more along the lines of 8-9 months rather than 6 months.
I'm new to this obviously. Just going off google search. http://www.nfatracker.com/

Shows form 1 quicker than form 4. I still plan to do a form 4, just haven't gotten out to shop again yet.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #37
AgBass01
Pope & Young
 
AgBass01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Cuero, Brownwood
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
I'm new to this obviously. Just going off google search. http://www.nfatracker.com/

Shows form 1 quicker than form 4. I still plan to do a form 4, just haven't gotten out to shop again yet.
I did a form 1 suppressor myself back in October. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I get it within 6 months. I know back when you could e-file form 1's were around 6 months.
AgBass01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 12:52 PM   #38
AgBass01
Pope & Young
 
AgBass01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Cuero, Brownwood
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
I'm new to this obviously. Just going off google search. http://www.nfatracker.com/

Shows form 1 quicker than form 4. I still plan to do a form 4, just haven't gotten out to shop again yet.
I just called the ATF and mine is not even in the system yet.
AgBass01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #39
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Granbury
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgBass01 View Post
I just called the ATF and mine is not even in the system yet.


Was your check cashed/card billed?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2017, 02:02 PM   #40
AgBass01
Pope & Young
 
AgBass01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Round Rock, TX
Hunt In: Cuero, Brownwood
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
Was your check cashed/card billed?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, check was cashed 7 days after I mailed it in.
AgBass01 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com