No announcement yet.

Almost tpwd draw hunt time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before my son and daughter aged out of the youth hunts I would put both on one application. Never split them up. That way we could all go together.

Odds of getting selected for youth hunts are pretty good (compared to the adult hunts) to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
      Question for you that put in for the youth hunts for your kids. My youngest son will be old enough to start applying for hunts this year and was thinking about putting him and my oldest on separate applications to increase the chances of at least one of them being drawn for a hunt.

Question is, is that allowed or do we have to apply as a group? And if it is allowed, does it make sense to do it that way or would we be better off applying as a group?
      You can apply each one individually. If you want to hunt together then you need to all be on the same application. Also, think about if they both get drawn for a blind only hunt will you need a second adult sponsor to sit with them. There's always a chance to standby with one if the other gets drawn but no guarantees.

Comment

They ever gonna do the second draw?

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
          They ever gonna do the second draw?
          It should be Friday, payment deadline is 8/27.

Comment

we got notified this morning that we drew for Archery Choke Canyon SP. we had been pending 2nd draw.

Comment

Drew archery deer at Gus E on the second draw.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                Drew archery deer at Gus E on the second draw.

Lucky you. Got nothing across the archery draw. Hoping to pull out a Hagerman bow hunt or a private lands rifle hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drew Elephant Mountain 2nd draw.

Comment

Congrats to those picking up on second draw today.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                      Drew Elephant Mountain 2nd draw.
                      Heck yea congrats man.

First year to strike out on all archery deer dress so far. Maybe epostcard And gun draws will be nice to us. Did get Garoevine lake permits so we got one hunt at least.

Comment

2nd draws do happen sometimes. Congrats to all who got picked up in the second draw.

Comment

Me and my boys have 4 group points for youth GDE, can't remember, will it come out today or tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                            Me and my boys have 4 group points for youth GDE, can't remember, will it come out today or tomorrow?
                            Today is the deadline so the results will be tomorrow or later.

Comment

Wednesday or Thursday should be results

Comment

I've got my kiddos in for the youth GDE that is due today. 3 hunts each. I also put in for 3 or 4 (I gotta double check) of the private lands either sex hunts that are due today. One by myself and a couple with my son.

Hopefully we'll draw something!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X