Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best compact binoculars in the 8x32 range for $350? Not vortex.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best compact binoculars in the 8x32 range for $350? Not vortex.

I know we have a few optics guys on the forum. I am looking for a decent pair of compact binoculars that are relatively small and lightweight. For what it's worth I am upgrading from a vortex 10x monocular which crapped out on me. I have a set of Nikon 10x50 but are too big and heavy to carry around. Primary use will be for when I am bow hunting and well as fishing looking for lost jugs on the water. Had bad glare with the vortex. Also riding on fourwheeler looking around. Anyhow, I know I wont be in the top tier stuff in the 500 to 1500 range, but I also dont want it to be the junk often found in the 150 range. So far every vortex product I have owned for any length of time has let me down. I've looked at some of the birding forums but seems like hit or miss on brands recommended.

Does anyone have any recommendations of something that fits what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Have a friend with Maven binoculars and they are nice for the money.
    Whether it’s our premium B Series glass or our dynamic mid-range C Series, our award-winning binoculars line-up is designed to compete with the world's best performing binoculars.

Comment

I have some Brunton 8.5x43mm (I think 43) binoculars that a bunch of TBHers bought a few years ago when they closed them out. They're actually really nice for that price range. If you're interested, I'd sell them for $200. Let me know, and I'll send you a pic (if you're interested). I bought some top end Zeiss binocs last year, so I'm not using these Bruntons anymore.

Comment

I just bought a set of Maven's to replace my 14yr old 8x42 Nikon Monarchs. I got the C series. 10x42. They are nice!!!!

Comment

Thanks Shane, I am thinking I want to go a little more compact.

Comment

Seems a ton of folks like the mavens on the birding forums

Comment

I have Leupold and Leica. Leupold are 9X25 and the Leica are 10X25. I have night hunted hogs with the Leica's and use them exclusively now for everything from bow hunting to elk hunting. I'd buy them again.

Best bang for the buck I've found for compact binos...

Comment

Saltwaterslick, do you find the magnification ratio of a 10x in such a small objective lense as good as maybe an 8x32 in a other brand. I find it amazing that you mentioned low light capabilities. They are a good bit a over my price range, but if it's as good as you say...and in a smaller package, and have them for life it would be worth it. I'll do a little research on them. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

I’ve been using Steiner military marines in 8x30 for ten years now, and for the price they are a heck of a pair of binos. $250 on Amazon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I loved my Leupold yosemites

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Welp....the leica trinovid is out. For 500 its splash proof. Not waterproof.

I tossing around in 8x32 range:

Monarch 7
                      Zeiss terra ed
                      Leupold bx4
                      Sightron blue sky
                      Meopta?
                      Steiner?

Comment

I know you said but, Vortex Talon 8x32

Comment

Vortex has let me down just too many times. Nothing worse than equipment failing on a trip. All stuff breaks...but I've just had bad luck with vortex.

Comment

Working...
                          X