Colorado Muzzleloader Bullet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Muzzleloader Bullet Question

I have a 54 caliber T/C Hawkins muzzleloader. Which bullets can I use in Colorado muzzle loader season?

Roundball or conical. No sabots either from a quick glance at their outdoor annual.

Comment

You can’t use sabots. But I do believe you can use back belts, or any full caliber bullet. You can not use pellet type powder either. Hornady Great Plains bullets are nice . I have not tried them yet but I am going to, No Excuses bullets get great reviews and are decently priced.
      No scopes allowed either.
      Last edited by critter69; 06-05-2019, 07:17 PM.

Comment

If it's allowed can't speak for Colorado I can for land owner permits in New Mexico using a 1 in 60 twist with round balls hasn't failed me yet. Super pentration and power. DRT

Comment

The tc hawken has a faster twist, it better suited for conical bullets.

Comment

Thor conicals shoot really good and are colorado legal. Have great reviews.

Comment

I use Thor, and used a Thor last fall and shot and killed a nice bull.

Comment

Thor

Comment

I didn’t think Thor made .54 cal bullets. I’ve omly seen .50 cal ?

Comment

Do you guys have the Thor bullets in .54 cal ?

Comment

Have you tried Hornady Great Plains bullet before? I use this bullet and 100 grains of Goex Ole Eyensford fffg powder. I also use the same charge with .530 ball. I would have to look to see which patch but I think it’s a .015. I just use bore butter to lube the patches. I get around 3”@60 yards with this. At 100 that would still be moa of an elks vitals.
                      With the Great Plains I get 2-3” groups at 100 with a good rest.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        Do you guys have the Thor bullets in .54 cal ?
                        I used them in a .50, I would call the guy. The gentlemen is very helpful and accommodating. I think it is a one man show...

Comment

Working...
                        X