Making Extra money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Extra money?

Ok I am needing to make some extra money in the next 6 months to help with a down payment on buying a home.. Do yall have any ideas not working the street corner lol... I'm really needing input.. Thanks!!

Just went thru this myself.

Only ideas I can offer:

Sell your junk. Anything and everything you don't need/use.
    eBay, Craigslist, TBH classifieds are your friend.

Go around your neighborhood and see who needs their yards cut and put on some gloves and get to work... People are lazy, and if you throw them a good price, they'd rather pay it than do the work.

That's about it unless you have a trade where you can do some side jobs.

I made and sold some dog houses with lumber that I had laying around.
    Had very little up front cost due to the materials already having been paid for and sold them for $150 a piece. Built 3 and made $450 with materials that we're going to be a pain to move.
    Last edited by Mac...; 09-20-2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Hey thanks for the ideas... I do window cleaning in the side but It has slowed way way down for me..

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
        Hey thanks for the ideas... I do window cleaning in the side but It has slowed way way down for me..
        Go out at night and egg some windows??

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          Lol that's a good one...

Comment

Hustle up some labor like Mac just posted.
            Im in the exact same boat as you. I work full time and doing well, just not where i would like to be as far as down payment on my new home goes. I asked around and wound up with a few different side gigs working weekends building a goat enclosure and helping a coworker clear some woods. Im not to worried about losing my weekends until it cools off enough to try and get a hunt or two in the books

Comment

don’t buy your wife a new rack, that’ll save money

CL always has ads for day labor type jobs that can be a start on leads. I’ve used it before and gotten gigs helping with fence and demo work. Usually pays cash which is nice but for a house down payment you have to be able to show where larger deposits came from

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post

I guess its a good thing you didn't buy that souped up window washer......or did you?..

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Awesome humor Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I guess its a good thing you didn't buy that souped up window washer......or did you?..
                    Nope I haven't lol and it's a water fed pole di filter system lol

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      don’t buy your wife a new rack, that’ll save money
                      lol

Comment

you can always go to a sperm bank and turn than into cash

or plasma

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                          you can always go to a sperm bank and turn than into cash

or plasma
                          I hear you can make money hand over fist at the sperm bank

Comment

One time this summer a guy stopped by and asked if I'd like my address repainted on the curb for $10. I said sure, since it was faded and people always had a hard time finding my house. $10 turned into $15 when he asked if I'd like it painted on the edge of the driveway as well, and then $15 turned to $20 when my wife asked if he could do Texas A&M colors.

Before long, just about every neighbor on the block had hired him to do the same. He had normal number stencils, but then also sports teams and other stuff. I figure he made pretty dang good money for work that didn't require much sweat.

Comment

If you have a vehicle payment get rid of it. That is a fast way to make extra money.

Comment

Working...
                              X