Pocket hole screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket hole screws

Where’s the a good place or order them at a better price than from Keegan if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
    Where’s the a good place or order them at a better price than from Keegan if possible

Lowes has some on the regular screw isle that are cheaper than the ones over where they keep the kreg stuff. That's what I buy.

Comment

I shoulda gone there I went to Home Depot and the guying working said “what kinda screws”he had that I just got kicked by a mule look on his face

Comment

I shoulda gone there I went to Home Depot and the guying working said “what kinda screws”he had that I just got kicked by a mule look on his face

There are a select few that don't get that look. They are the exception.

Comment

Shop Hillman #8 x 2-1/2-in Bronze Pocket Hole Screws Interior Pocket Hole Screws (50-Per Box) in the Wood Screws department at Lowe's.com. Pocket hole screws have been designed with coarse self-tapping thread to prevent any splitting, and a washer on the head to ensure the closest fit at your

They are square drive too so they work with the bit from the Kreg kit.

Comment

Quickscrews or Pan American screw

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              There are a select few that don't get that look. They are the exception.

Yep I thought I was the only one that noticed

Comment

Texas Tool Traders sell the actual kreg screws

Comment

I've been using the Kreg ones that I got from Amazon. Hope Depot and Lowes carry them, but I've never given a thought to looking to see if I could find something just like them. Might start using those.

Comment

that was my next question are they the same type of square drive head and screw top?

Comment

I paid the premium for the $30 variety pack on Amazon. Still haven't run out of a single size. Be sure you get a square head as it will make a big difference. Not sure if the savings on the house brands are worth it but you may have a lot more projects than me!

Biscuits may be a cheaper solution if you are tackling a lot of joints.

Comment

Gonna try them on the chairs I build so the screws won’t be visible from top

Comment

Gonna try them on the chairs I build so the screws won’t be visible from top

Like this chair

Comment

I buy mine on amazon in the 500 pack.

Comment

What is the most used size for 2x4’s ?

Comment

Working...
                              X