• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    Manual Labor Buddy! Americans don't do this
    Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

Here is an example of why hiring illegal aliens is not economically
    productive for the State of California ...

You have 2 families..."Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2
    parents, 2 children and live in California. "Joe Legal" works in
    construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with
    payroll taxes deducted...."Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has
    "NO" Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal...$25.00 per hour x 40 hours $1000.00 per week, $52,000 per
    year.

Now take 30% away for state federal tax, Joe Legal now has $31,231.00

Jose Illegal...$15.00 per hour x 40 hours $600.00 per week, $31,200.00 per
    year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes... Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00

Joe Legal pays Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage $1000.00
    per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $19,231.00

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and
    local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00

Joe Legal makes too much money is not eligible for Food Stamps or welfare.
    Joe Legal pays for food $1,000.00 per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe
    Legal now has $7,231.00

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and
    Welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month. $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal
    is now in the hole minus (-) $4,769.00

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal
    pays rent. $500.00 per month. $6,000.00 per year Jose Illegal still has
    $31,200.00

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after
    work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe
    Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a
    government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school
    ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services,
    but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.

Comment

Another thing worth mentioning about Jose Illegal. He is sending most of that money home to his family where the US dollar is worth ten times what it is here. They are building a treasure chest and a home the likes that you and me will never retire in. My company has a girl that works on the cleaning staff, showed me pictures of their home back in Monterey they built by sending home their dollars. Huge place on many many acres, swimming pool, stucco walls, terra cotta roof, probably 3500 sq ft.

Jose Illegal will work for 10 dollars an hour because where he is from that's 100 bucks. IT would be like if the Canadian dollar was worth ten times as much here in the US, we'd all be up there cutting grass.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
        Joe Legal vs. Jose Illegal

Here is an example of why hiring illegal aliens is not economically
        productive for the State of California ...

You have 2 families..."Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have 2
        parents, 2 children and live in California. "Joe Legal" works in
        construction, has a Social Security Number, and makes $25.00 per hour with
        payroll taxes deducted...."Jose Illegal" also works in construction, has
        "NO" Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Joe Legal...$25.00 per hour x 40 hours $1000.00 per week, $52,000 per
        year.

Now take 30% away for state federal tax, Joe Legal now has $31,231.00

Jose Illegal...$15.00 per hour x 40 hours $600.00 per week, $31,200.00 per
        year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes... Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00

Joe Legal pays Medical and Dental Insurance with limited coverage $1000.00
        per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $19,231.00

Jose Illegal has full Medical and Dental coverage through the state and
        local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00

Joe Legal makes too much money is not eligible for Food Stamps or welfare.
        Joe Legal pays for food $1,000.00 per month, $12,000.00 per year. Joe
        Legal now has $7,231.00

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for Food Stamps and
        Welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,000.00 per month. $12,000.00 per year. Joe Legal
        is now in the hole minus (-) $4,769.00

Jose Illegal receives a $500 per month Federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal
        pays rent. $500.00 per month. $6,000.00 per year Jose Illegal still has
        $31,200.00

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after
        work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe
        Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a
        government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school
        ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same Police and Fire Services,
        but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.
        What do you mean? Joe illegal is paying taxes! They all have fake social security numbers. We do not pay them cash!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Liar-(calling it like it is, finally) now they all say liar, liar ,liar

Build a wall- now they all say build a wall

Deport illegals- they all follow suit

Stop Syrian refugees- they all jump on the band wagon

I'm not a huge Trump fan but he seems to be a leader, leading this group of pot lickers. Its comical.
          Cruz was saying to build a wall when he ran for Senate in Texas 4 years ago.

Just because Trump says something doesn't make it true, but not surprising you would think that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
            Cruz was saying to build a wall when he ran for Senate in Texas 4 years ago.

Just because Trump says something doesn't make it true, but not surprising you would think that way.
            Guess who is going to build the wall. Illegal immigrants!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              You and your company are the problem. You're benefiting from cheap labor and letting tax payers foot the bill for all the expenses that the illegals milk from the system. Great job.
              I am not for Amnesty or Legalization, but how is $9-$15 considered "cheap labor"? Top end is almost double minimum wage.

Comment

Guess who is going to build the wall. Illegal immigrants!
                Like those who have built Trump's buildings and work all over the place at his golf resorts. He's the ultimate hypocrite on this issue, same as on many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy_S View Post
                  Americans won't do it is the stupidest statement I've heard be repeated all over the place.

What Americans won't do it? Americans on the welfare payroll who have it easier sitting on their asses and letting me pay for them to live? Yeah they may not but yank those freebies away and a hungry belly will work for food.

I am in oil and gas, I make solid 6 figures a year. You know how I started? Manual labor. I busted my hump in the sun, rain, freezing cold, and boiling heat with my two hands starting at 25k a year and finally got where I am now. I've worked til I had to lay over the tracks on a crane and puke everything I'd eaten in a week only to get up 10 minutes later and go back to swinging a hammer.

This last year, I've taken almost 20,000 bucks in pay cuts, most of my friends are laid off already. I'll probably be there soon. When that happens, I'll be doing manual labor again, probably for like 10-12 bucks an hour because that's all that's out there but you can bet I'll still be doing it because I don't take handouts.

The really gets under my skin when people claim you need border jumping criminals because they do the jobs we won't. Ridiculous.
                  Hell I hired 6 guys a few months ago that came from the oilfield. They are illegal! If you need a job I will pay you 15.00 an hour with no overtime and no vacation. Also 7 days a week 12-14 hours a day. Bring your shovel and chopping hoe!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Flournoy View Post
                    I am not for Amnesty or Legalization, but how is $9-$15 considered "cheap labor"? Top end is almost double minimum wage.
                    Because there is no overtime, add vacation, sick leave, health insurance, life insurance, dental 401K (all that I might add are normal and competitive forms of work compensation in the US) you add all that t0 9 and 15 dollars and hour and the real cost to the company is more like 20 to 32 dollars per hours.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      Because there is no overtime, add vacation, sick leave, health insurance, life insurance, dental 401K (all that I might add are normal and competitive forms of work compensation in the US) you add all that t0 9 and 15 dollars and hour and the real cost to the company is more like 20 to 32 dollars per hours.
                      Thank you

Comment

You are correct. And the consumers in this country will be paying dearly for this!

Comment

And your company soon goes broke!

We are talking construction here not sales and IT guys. No construction work force gets everything you listed above(except overtime) whether they are legal or not so your argument isn't valid as you described it.

For the record I am totally against hiring illegal workers.
                          But what I am for is hiring workers that care about what they do and put pride in what they do. For guys coming over the border legally with proper documentation a construction job is a good job. You a usually attract the top end of that class of employee. For most guys that are american born(across all races) you usually get the lower denomination of employee. Most of the time this means guys with criminal back grounds, drug or drinking problems or don't have the ability to hold a better job because their work ethics aren't very good. Most of my employees make anywhere from 12-22/hr because it cost that much for skilled tradesman.

Another point to make is that you don't have to be legal to pay taxes. When a company hires an employee whether their social is valid or not they are paid hourly with overtime. You send in their payroll taxes and the government cashes the check. If it turns out that the SS# doesn't match the Name given the IRS will let you know. BUT they do not return that money to Jose Illegal. So they are paying taxes same as most unless they are being paid cash under the table which is very tough to do unless it's for day laber periodically and even then someone has to pay for it.

Now I will agree with the statements that they are a drain for all the freebie US government handouts which they will get whether they are working or not. That's just the way our government does business. I would rather them get it than the 10-15 American citizens that sit out in front of the houses by my shop day in and day out all day long living off their government checks and walking to the store next door to buy cigarettes and beer all day long. These are the types of people that the others listed above as the americans that aren't willing to do the labor that the illegals will do. The same american citizens that work at Mcdonalds and complain that they need $15/HR to flip a hamburger or take out trash. These are the kinds of Americans that are being replaced by the immigrant workers whether legal or illegal.

The truckloads of young men being hauled in from all over the world in big groups and bused to government housing are the illegals we need to be worried about!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

We are talking construction here not sales and IT guys. No construction work force gets everything you listed above(except overtime) whether they are legal or not so your argument isn't valid as you described it.

But what I am for is hiring workers that care about what they do and put pride in what they do. For guys coming over the border legally with proper documentation a construction job is a good job. You a usually attract the top end of that class of employee. For most guys that are american born(across all races) you usually get the lower denomination of employee. Most of the time this means guys with criminal back grounds, drug or drinking problems or don't have the ability to hold a better job because their work ethics aren't very good. Most of my employees make anywhere from 12-22/hr because it cost that much for skilled tradesman.

Another point to make is that you don't have to be legal to pay taxes. When a company hires an employee whether their social is valid or not they are paid hourly with overtime. You send in their payroll taxes and the government cashes the check. If it turns out that the SS# doesn't match the Name given the IRS will let you know. BUT they do not return that money to Jose Illegal. So they are paying taxes same as most unless they are being paid cash under the table which is very tough to do unless it's for day laber periodically and even then someone has to pay for it.

Now I will agree with the statements that they are a drain for all the freebie US government handouts which they will get whether they are working or not. That's just the way our government does business. I would rather them get it than the 10-15 American citizens that sit out in front of the houses by my shop day in and day out all day long living off their government checks and walking to the store next door to buy cigarettes and beer all day long. These are the types of people that the others listed above as the americans that aren't willing to do the labor that the illegals will do. The same american citizens that work at Mcdonalds and complain that they need $15/HR to flip a hamburger or take out trash. These are the kinds of Americans that are being replaced by the immigrant workers whether legal or illegal.

The truckloads of young men being hauled in from all over the world in big groups and bused to government housing are the illegals we need to be worried about!
                            Exactly!!! The system is broken

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

Maybe for the small shop this is true. However is it okay to justify running a business if the only way to do so is to do it illegally? In any other aspect if a company cannot turn a profit by being competitive than it goes out of business, its not allowed to start breaking laws so that it can now turn a profit.

Comment

Exactly!!! The system is broken
                                BY YOU!!!! and the folks that go along with this line of thinking.

Regardless of what you say or how your try to rationalize it.....your "group" is the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X