Water well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water well

Well I've watched a few videos on YouTube and decided to try and drill my own water well. Bring on the critics lol. To start with equipment I have a skid steer with a hydraulic auger motor and me and my buddy started building drilling equipment.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374543303.489316.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	24976270this will be the first drill collar Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374543339.470907.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24976271 this will be the circulating head we have a mud pump we will hook to this to try and circulate the cuttings out of the hole. More to come

This is gonna be interesting

Comment

I think I'll be following this one

Comment

Lol I hope it works I drilled 4' with it last night without any water going to the bit then the dirt packed around the bit and it wouldn't drill any more but I'm get a trash pump today to hook up to it. Keep y'all updated.

Comment

did you watch my videos? if you search on here i should have a post in the DIY. never really finished it but really close. I guess i need to shoot another video of it....

Comment

What size pipe are you going to use for drill stem? how long of joints are you going to use? Like the homemade water swivel....

Comment

We are going to start with 2 3/8 we had intentions of using 2 7/8 but the 3/8 we had more access to and they are going to be 4 1/2 ft joints. Thanks that swevle was a pretty easy make. Ill search your video.

Comment

I'll watch it haha goodluck!!

Comment

If you dont mind yanta will you post the video on here I cant find it.

Comment

How deep are you planning on drilling? The only thing i can see being a problem is trying to keep the hole straight.

keep posting pics...maybe I'll get off my @** and make a new video of my rig....All i lack is the water hookups and valves..

Comment

How do I post videos through tapatalk I have a video of what I did last night.

Comment

I need to go about 100' and thats one of my biggest worries to is getting it straight.

Comment

first one ---almost 2 years ago...Yeah i know I'm slow
                          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1hneioS2ps"]Homemade water well drilling rig - YouTube[/ame]

second one

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCvttiOzD6U"]Homemade water drilling rig part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Ok yeah I've seen yours on YouTube thats for the inspriation lol.

Comment

I’m trying to post 2 short updated video on YouTube. I picked up a couple fittings the other day to hook the rig up to a water hose, until I figure out how I’m going to do the water side of it... That way play around with it some, so maybe i can get a video of that posted...

Have you tried to pick up 100' of 2 3/8" pipe with the skid steer to make sure it can handle the weight? good luck and keep us updated

Comment

Working...
                              X