Suburban Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suburban Question

I just bought a 1993 GMC 2500 Suburban and was wanting recommendations for a front bumper/guard/winch mountable setup. I can't seem to find anything close to what I'm looking for and thought maybe some here could help. Basically I want to put a winch on the front bumper and have it be pretty stout, as well as protecting the radiator. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ranch Hand Truck Accessories

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Try this site. I spoke with them about some replacement bumpers for my Tundra. http://www.toughcountry.com

Comment

Try this site. http://www.toughcountry.com. I spoke with them about some replacement bumpers for my Tundra.

Comment

I purchased a used Ranch Hand full replacement bumper. Found it at a pawn shop for $300. Got the rear one for $200. both bumpers for half price of front one alone. The front one has a reciever built in. So you can put a winch in and use it , front or back. Then put it inside the back out of sight if you want to...

Comment

I purchased a used Ranch Hand full replacement bumper. Found it at a pawn shop for $300. Got the rear one for $200. both bumpers for half price of front one alone. The front one has a reciever built in. So you can put a winch in and use it , front or back. Then put it inside the back out of sight if you want to...

Comment

I purchased a full replacement front and back bumper. Ranch hand. I found them at a pawn shop, only paid $500.for both. The front and back have built in recievers. You can put a winch on a reciever plug in that is built for them and use it on the front or back. And when it's not in use you can store it or put in the sub,, out of sight..

Hope this helps you some ...

Comment

Sorry for the multipul post. Somethings up with the site

Comment

Thanks for the info and websites. The toughcountry and ranch hand look like what I'm looking for. I appreciate the help!

Comment

Doesn't it make more sense to put the winch on the rear bumper? I've always wondered why put it on the front?

Case 1- you mess up and put the Burb where is does not want to be: I'd want to back-up out of the mess, not pull myself forward into more of it, and

Case 2- somebody else gets stuck in mud/ junk. I'd rather back up toward the other vehicle keeping my front tires (and the weight of the engine giving them the traction) as far away from the stuck vehicle (and mud it's stuck in?) when I put the tow cable on, in effect giving me the additional distance I can be away from his truck equal to the length of mine.

Did I make sense?

Comment

Bill no disrespect ment...but I can tell you haven't been in as many sticky situations as I have .....

Some times that front pull is all you can get..

Comment

None taken, I've never gotten stuck, but have pulled a friend's Bronco out that was high centered (and I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night ).

If I were putting a winch on our Jeep for use in technical, rock climbing off-road, I can see how I'd want to pull the Jeep forward over rocks, out of holes, trhough the mud to keep going. No problemo. But for my pickup (or our Suburban), if I drove off a levee duck hunting into the muck, or down a road elk hunting and hit a mud hole, or tried to go through a major washout and got stuck, it just seems to me the most probably direction I'd want help moving my vehicle is backwards and not forwards.

It's just one of those questions I ponder when I see a winch on the front. Hunt hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X