Vanilla and Evercalm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swanjts View Post
    What are y’all using as a ratio mix of vanilla to water for spray?

3 parts water, 1 part pure vanilla extract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tried the vanilla thing today. 2.5 oz vanilla diluted with 10 oz water in a 12 oz scent spray bottle. After raking a spot out of the leaves and setting up the pop up up. Climbing in and getting settled. Had a doe come in at 10 yards smelling everything trying to find out what/where it was. Works pretty good.

Comment

Sprayed it all over my boots and chest down for cover scent.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
          Sprayed it all over my boots and chest down for cover scent.

I was impressed with the results as well. Whatever it is they don’t associate it with danger!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
            I was impressed with the results as well. Whatever it is they don’t associate it with danger!

It was crazy. I have pretty much given up on taking a bath in scent free stuff. I do wash my hunting clothes in it every so often just to keep the foreign odors down to a minimum and just learning to hunt the wind. I did neither that day and she came and walked right down the trail I used for access. Never alerted to anything. Just a sniffing around at the ground and in the air. It was Kool

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
              It was crazy. I have pretty much given up on taking a bath in scent free stuff. I do wash my hunting clothes in it every so often just to keep the foreign odors down to a minimum and just learning to hunt the wind. I did neither that day and she came and walked right down the trail I used for access. Never alerted to anything. Just a sniffing around at the ground and in the air. It was Kool

I still wash everything in scent killer and keep it in a scent free tote which helps keep all the other odors out, then all they smell is vanilla!

Comment

Did U see any of the deer during daylight? All the pics look like they were taken in the dark?

Comment

I bought Evercalm in a bottle with the resealable bag at tractor supply. It says be sure to remove your hunting gear before entering your vehicle or home
                  Other than that warning says apply to desired surfaces in and around your hunting area.

So can you guys tell me more about how you are using it?
                  In a stand with two windows open one is down wind.

Are you putting it on your clothes, window seals, around the stand?

Why the warning about the vehicle and home ?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                    Did U see any of the deer with a spotlight? All the pics look like they were taken in the dark?
                    fify

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      Did U see any of the deer during daylight? All the pics look like they were taken in the dark?

Yes I saw the 9 pointer three times over the course of 4 hunts, then the other buck I posted that’s bedding in the grass, the one more deer which I don’t know exactly which one he was cause he caught my movement before I saw his horns in full view because he was behind some skinny pines

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                        I bought Evercalm in a bottle with the resealable bag at tractor supply. It says be sure to remove your hunting gear before entering your vehicle or home

Other than that warning says apply to desired surfaces in and around your hunting area.

So can you guys tell me more about how you are using it?

In a stand with two windows open one is down wind.

Are you putting it on your clothes, window seals, around the stand?

Why the warning about the vehicle and home ?

Thanks!

I put it on my boots and on the window edges of my pop-up. It smells like doe pizz that’s why you keep it in the resealable bag, and don’t wear it in the truck lol

Comment

I can tell you first hand what vanilla used in early bow season will get ya...BEES!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dillakilla View Post
                            I can tell you first hand what vanilla used in early bow season will get ya...BEES!!

Definitely, that one evening when it was hot they were all over my pop-up, luckily honey bees aren’t as tempted to sting you!

Comment

Thanks I will try it.
                              So far the absolute stinkiest thing I’ve used was Tinks Hot Shot #69 doe in rut. Says 100% not diluted. I’ve used lots of other brands. It is so bad! You would not want to get that on you !!

Comment

When I tried the Evercalm 2 or 3 years ago it really seemed to provide an edge in ET, but not so much in western hill country.
                                I tried it again the following year and my East Texas edge slipped away to where I didn’t buy any this year.

One thing to note - if you buy an Evercalm stick, go ahead and use it. For some reason the stick will shrink in girth in time, don’t try to save some for later. It’ll disappear on its own if ya do. At least the two sticks I bought did anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X