Help us find our new home/home-site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help us find our new home/home-site.

We are looking to get away from the urban sprawl and head deeper into the "country". After living for nearly 20 years 30 miles southwest of Houston the subdivisions have caught up with us. The woods and pastures here where we watched quail and deer from our porch now has 13 homes on it and more going up.

We are looking for a place to retire.

I figured that with so many of you here, surely someone knows of a place that meets our criteria. Or can be on the lookout.

I know we will not find our "perfect" place but it would be nice to be close to what we want.

LAND

10 acres minimum, 50+ preferred

Butted up against some sort of land that can not be turned into a subdivision like a State park, WMA, Fed land. Something natural.

Within an hours drive of the coast.

Have a fishing pond on it.

Must have trees. Pecan trees preferred.

Not in a flood prone area.

Paved road access.

Prefer no other houses close or at least within sight.

HOUSE

If there is a house it must have a fireplace

Three bed rooms

NO mobile homes

BUDGET

$150K-$350K

Comment

We stalk most of the on-line real estate sites. Zillow, Lands of Texas, Landwatch, and others.

Comment

Good luck! We are north of the mess that is Houston, and that pretty much describes our place even the acreage (50), but you're a couple hunert grand short... If you want to look north in the Cleveland area, I'd be happy to put you in touch with my realtor buddy who specializes in this area. PM me.

Comment

Working...
        X