WTD Harvest Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTD Harvest Data

With the season winding down for the most part, what do y'all look at when it comes down to harvest data?

I would like to hear from some of the intensively managed properties and compare what I do to some other places.

Thanks for your responses.

What harvest data do you keep and what's your situation? We keep all dressed weights, age location of harvest on property of each deer. Bucks also get score and classification cull, management, trophy. we look at total bucks and does killed more than anything.

In to see what others look at.

Comment

Field dressed weight, age (by tooth wear), lactation of does, full B&C score, and location.
      I compare the lactation rates to estimated fawn crops and compare most weight and antler data by age classes to a certain degree.

Interested in seeing what others are doing as well to see if I need to incorporate new ideas.

Comment

Weight both live and dressed, lactation, age, parasites present (liver flukes, worms...), score, fetus age (if present),

Comment

Place time and date of harvest
          Live and dressed weight
          Age based on jaw bone
          Lactation if doe
          Score (all aspects not just total score)
          Try to keep records of what is seen each sit. Date, morning/evening, number, sex, estimated age and some sort of id such as name or defining characteristic of the animal...eg. George, OL, old wide 8, floppy ear, streaky, patches, socks,etc.
          Have external hard drive with all photos from cams saved in folders by location sorted by date for reference.

Have not been tracking parasites but really like that idea. Think almost every deer we took this year had bot fly larva...one with probably 30+ in his face!

Our #1 criterion for harvest is age.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
            What harvest data do you keep and what's your situation? We keep all dressed weights, age location of harvest on property of each deer. Bucks also get score and classification cull, management, trophy. we look at total bucks and does killed more than anything.

This is very similar to what we do

Comment

Working...
            X