Any alternatives to AirB&B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any alternatives to AirB&B?

Just asking because these "cleaning and service" fees are insane. We use to use airb&b all the time but the last 2 years or so I guess people are taking advantage the the "cleaning and service" fees to pocket more money? Been looking to book for a upcoming trip and 70-80% of the comes are charging room fees, for example, around 150$ per night and then a cleaning fee of 150-200$ and service fee of another 75$. So the trip is advertised for 300$ plus HOT but then checkout price turns into 600$+!

So just curious if anyone has found any newer alternatives (VRBO seems to be similar pricing/set up and lots of the same places are on both apps) or if its back to using hotels. Also, for those that own AirB&B's, do you guys get to pocket all the fee's or how does that work? (curiosity question)

VRBO pockets the fees. As an owner I only pocket the nightly rate, tax and cleaning fee. I along with other owners offer bookings outside of the website to save the guest money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KEGLEG View Post
      VRBO pockets the fees. As an owner I only pocket the nightly rate, tax and cleaning fee. I along with other owners offer bookings outside of the website to save the guest money

Best way to communicate with a owner for this? I have no problem with the nightly rate but the other stuff doubling the entire cost is what kills me. Heck I would even pay a 30-50$ nightly fee but holy cow 200$ is crazy. Obviously it comes down to their house their price.

Appreciate the info.

Comment

All the folks I know that were big on airbnb have gone back to hotels for this same reason.

No crazy cleaning fees + bad reviews when you don't leave the house spotless.

Comment

Some will slide their email or phone number in the description or pictures.
          VRBO and probably Airbnb block any sort of messages between owner and potential guests that contain a phone number or email. The software scans for certain keywords in the messages.

Comment

I went back to hotels, cabins, and other things…no AirBS !

I also use taxi cabs again instead of uber crap

Comment

150class what area are you looking at?

Comment

I used to use Airbnb a ton. Not so much these days. It’s only beneficial when we have a large group or extended stay anymore. Doesn’t make sense to pay all $200+ in fees on top of the rate for a 1-2 night stay.

Comment

I went on a trip to Tonopah Nevada to bury one of the kin folk, the newest trailer in the town of trailers was about a 1960 model. Some of those rat traps were on AirBS. I stayed at this hotel for $160 per night and its five stars. What the hotel is doing in this place, I do not know.

Upscale hotel located in the heart of Tonopah, Nevada - A thoughtful renovation of the historic building was completed in 2020.

I also had a bad abdominal situation that was cured by God and 5 ounces of magnesium citrate mixed with two ounces of tequila.

What a bunghole that place was !

Comment

Hotels will always have their place. But vacation rental homes offer multi family accommodations with outdoor living spaces and full kitchens, etc. everyone is looking for something different

Comment

150class what area are you looking at?

Bozeman and surrounding area

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                        Bozeman and surrounding area

Keep in mind not every city or state is the same. I’m hearing certain cities imposing their own hotel tax and it’s effecting fees.

Comment

I've pretty much decided most airbnb we look at only make sense if staying a week due to the fees. Just looked at Fayetville for Univ of Arkansas game and no way I was paying that for 3 nights, hotels were much better deal for short stay.

Comment

Airbnb can suck eggs

Comment

Keep in mind not every city or state is the same. I’m hearing certain cities imposing their own hotel tax and it’s effecting fees.

I work with HOT taxes and I don’t believe they can legally charge more the 17-18% anywhere. No idea on the service fee stuff though.

Comment

Working...
                              X