Ceiling fan blades will fly off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ceiling fan blades will fly off!

When was the last time that you tightened your blades? I installed two new fans today but it made me remember a bad scenario of when a young mother and two very young daughters fell asleep in their living room on the floor under the fan. One of the blades worked itself free , knocked everything off balance and broke all of the blades with shards flying all over the room. All three of them ended up in ICU. That was 25 yrs ago and I check my blades once a year and every time I can find at least 1 bolt that will need to be tightened. We purchased our now home 2 yrs ago which was built in 2005 and all 9 fans needed to be tightened.

Do yourselves a big favor and check them.

( then be honest and reply what you found)
    Last edited by Bucknaked; 09-21-2021, 06:20 PM.

We were in our lease house and one of the blades flew off like a rocket, luckily it didn’t hit hit anyone or anything but scared the crap outta us. It does happen !

Comment

ive knocked a blade or 2 off with my head before. not sure why i put the bunk bed there.

Comment

I guess need to put a little dab of locktite whenever I install

Comment

The new fans I installed last week snapped into place. With rubber bushings.

In 15 or so yrs my daughter may post here saying. Dad was under the fan. Watching Dallas rebuild another year. He was eating vanilla ice cream. And took a fan blade to the throat

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post

In 15 or so yrs my daughter may post here saying. Dad was under the fan. Watching Dallas rebuild another year. He was eating vanilla ice cream. And took a fan blade to the throat

Comment

I’ve never even thought about it. Maybe I should.

Comment

Had one fly off not long in our bed room in the middle of the night and hit the head board right above my head scared the hell out of me. Wife never knew anything happened.

Comment

Thanks! Now I’m laying here staring at my fan spin as fast as it will go. Now I won’t be able to go to sleep! Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                    Thanks! Now I’m laying here staring at my fan spin as fast as it will go. Now I won’t be able to go to sleep! Haha!
                    Sorry Brother! I’m sure you may be fine

Comment

Yah something i never would have thought about, but yah makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                        Did ya make it?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post

Watching the Cowboys that may be a blessing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fowlwaters View Post
                            Had one fly off not long in our bed room in the middle of the night and hit the head board right above my head scared the hell out of me. Wife never knew anything happened.
                            That's how it would be at my house also.

Comment

Wow, I just found a screw on the ground today when I got home from work, under the fan. Not thinking of anything, my wife comes into the office and says our fan is not working, makes a loud noises. Wouldn’t you know, one fan blade was barely hanging on, all of them were loose.

Comment

Working...
                              X