Goldee’s BBQ Ft Worth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    I'm up in Savoy. At the moment I'm doing catering, festivals, and trade days.
    Also do whole meat sales (brisket, pork, chicken, ribs) about every weekend.
    In process of getting a trailer. Setting up at the Lone Star Rally this weekend. My brother's place is in the perfect place to catch the traffic coming in.

FB: Gracie Jo's Smokehouse
    Good deal. Good luck this weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      Good deal. Good luck this weekend!!
      Thanks, fingers crossed. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I'm at the age where I'm finally doing things like this, instead of piling up a huge list of "I wished I would have". That list is big enough.

Comment

You don't think bbq is overpriced?
        I also do not. I know the owner of The Shed in Abilene and my best hunting buddy is his Pitmaster. I get to hear all about it and see the effort it takes to be consistent. I tip my hat to those earning a living in the BBQ world. They are there to make money at the end of the day.

Comment

Best bbq I've had. I take different people out there all the time and they all say the same thing. Luckily it's 10 minutes from the house but I'll likely let the lines die down before I go back. I got my fix Friday so I'm good for a couple weeks! I'm happy for the guys. Great group of dudes.

Comment

Off the Bone-$14.90/lb brisket
            Hickory Stick-$16-$17/lb brisket
            David's BBQ-$14.99/lb brisket

These places are nothing fancy. Just straight forward, salt of the earth type places that have been around for decades. Just your basic bbq joint that you can go in and get a lunch special for $8 or $9.

Nobody said Goldee's wasn't good. I just said I wasn't gonna pay $25/lb for brisket. Like mentioned above, it's all marketing
            The big difference is that the craft BBQ guys are using prime briskets. Them suckers are expensive.

A buddy of mine that owns a place here and was on that top 50 list said a couple few years ago that Goldee's would be top 5 in the state the day they opened.
            Last edited by El General; 10-19-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              The big difference is that the craft BBQ guys are using prime briskets. Them suckers are expensive.

A buddy of mine that owns a place here and was on that top 50 list said a couple few years ago that Goldee's would be top 5 in the state the day they opened.
              For sure. But I don't need 'gourmet' BBQ lol. If I'm gonna spend money like that, I'll gladly eat a steak. And I LOVE BBQ

Comment

For sure. But I don't need 'gourmet' BBQ lol. If I'm gonna spend money like that, I'll gladly eat a steak. And I LOVE BBQ
                No one said you did. Some of us enjoy the trips and the people doing excellent BBQ.

Comment

Cooking steaks is easier. I can do that in my kitchen or backyard with little effort. Cooking BBQ takes a lot more skill and if I do it for myself it takes alot more effort. That is why I am willing to pay the prices for the craft guys.

But, to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    Cooking steaks is easier. I can do that in my kitchen or backyard with little effort. Cooking BBQ takes a lot more skill and if I do it for myself it takes alot more effort. That is why I am willing to pay the prices for the craft guys.

But, to each his own.
                    No doubt. I make my own a majority of the time

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick View Post
                      No one said you did. Some of us enjoy the trips and the people doing excellent BBQ.
                      Nothing wrong with that

Comment

Hell yeah! Does that rag ever do a Top 10 steaks in Texas? I might actually give that a little time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Hell yeah! Does that rag ever do a Top 10 steaks in Texas? I might actually give that a little time.
                          That would for sure be an interesting list!

Comment

I enjoy how passionate folks get regarding bbq. My neighbor thinks he has the best brisket in Tarrant County. I have to remind him that its impossible for him to have the best brisket in the county cause he doesn't even have the best brisket on the street he lives on he might have the best brisket on the north side of the street, but thats it!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              I enjoy how passionate folks get regarding bbq. My neighbor thinks he has the best brisket in Tarrant County. I have to remind him that its impossible for him to have the best brisket in the county cause he doesn't even have the best brisket on the street he lives on he might have the best brisket on the north side of the street, but thats it!
                              You boys are just lucky I moved to Wise County.

Comment

I just watched a great YouTube video about Goldee’s. Must have been done last year. That crew is NOT only working three days a week. They start on Tuesday to prep for the opening every Friday. If I am ever up that way I am certainly going to stop by there way before they open. Looks like people line up early.

Comment

Working...
                                X