X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well dang. Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

He who angers you controls you.

Rise above it and maximize your potential. Don't let anyone control you.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
        I'm a Trainee at a chemical plant on my way to be certified in a month and was just told by one person that right now, I Don't Matter. He said right now you're just a trainee and that i dont matter. Even when i get certified I'm only certified on one job so I'm not going to matter for a while at this plant. Was kind of a bad way to start the day and i dont know who ****** this guy off today. He works an opposite shift as me and i have said MAYBE 5 words to this guy before hand. I come in early everyday, work hard to learn my area for certification, and complete all my tasks on time every time. I know i cannot help by picking up overtime, but does that really mean i dont matter? Sorry just venting.
        Make sure your mom makes your PB&J in dinosaur shapes. It will make you smile and let him know you are important

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          Make sure your mom makes your PB&J in dinosaur shapes. It will make you smile and let him know you are important
          LOL!

OP, you need to have thick skin in operations. Only advice is learn your plant and be the best. And learn how to properly talk **** back to em

Comment

This feels like a conversation I would have with my 6 yr old.

Grow a pair man.

People say stuff like this daily. Most guys just don’t give away the real estate in their head as easy as you.

Comment

I bet as time goes by and you start learning the unit better you will realize he isn't a very good operator anyways.

Comment

HAHA. I would not sweat it. I would have asked if I could shine his boots while he works on important things.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                  Prove him wrong.
                  Lots of good advice posted here, but with just three words TC gives the best.

Comment

Found out what he drives. Get a pair of pliers and yank out all four of his valve stems. **** him.

Comment

Tell him that one day he’ll work for you, but not for very long!

Comment

That’s not even really that bad lol, can’t take things so serious bud. Learn how to give it back and don’t take things so personal.

Comment

Us pipeline guys call that the Channelview mentality. We deal with it from time to time when we talk to the board guys on the phone. He probably has a small **** and a fat wife. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, use it as fuel to grind harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
                            Us pipeline guys call that the Channelview mentality. We deal with it from time to time when we talk to the board guys on the phone. He probably has a small **** and a fat wife. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, use it as fuel to grind harder.
                            [emoji15] don't lump is all together dude....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell him he is just a part number like the rest of us and can be replaced. In reality any employee can be replaced. If he thinks he's important, he is not. Been in the refinery for almost 20 years. Am I any more important than anyone else? No, but due to my qualifications I get stuck with a ton of overtime and get called often if there are any issues because I am #2 in my area by seniority. I have been here 10 years longer than either of my bosses.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                                I'm a Trainee at a chemical plant on my way to be certified in a month and was just told by one person that right now, I Don't Matter. He said right now you're just a trainee and that i dont matter. Even when i get certified I'm only certified on one job so I'm not going to matter for a while at this plant. Was kind of a bad way to start the day and i dont know who ****** this guy off today. He works an opposite shift as me and i have said MAYBE 5 words to this guy before hand. I come in early everyday, work hard to learn my area for certification, and complete all my tasks on time every time. I know i cannot help by picking up overtime, but does that really mean i dont matter? Sorry just venting.
                                Hit him in the back of the head with a wrench next time he walks by you, ask if you matter then.

Nah I'm kidding. Like Antler said....roughen that skin up some or you'll be in a for long hard ride. I did linework for a few years....grunting and then up to 3rd step apprentice....you wouldn't believe the things we went though 20 years ago as line man ape...then end if the day I'd have to sit and drink beers with them wanting to kill one or two of them. In the end they're just talking **** and you're paying your dues to the trade..it's all good.

I went through a selection process to do what I do for the last 12 years. Keep busting your *** and don't let things so miniscule get in your head. Be mentally tough.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X