Who else has found one?
    Attached Files

So is it worth more than a quarter?

What makes it special?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      So is it worth more than a quarter?

What makes it special?
      The W means it was minted at West Point, I believe. Very few in production, so kind of rare. Worth $5-10. Uncirculated ones go for $3-400 if memory serves correct. The V75 represents the 75th anniversary of WWII.

Comment

I'll have to check my change. I keep all of my quarters.

Comment

Nice! Is like to find one just to have, cool none the less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats on finding one!

The mint is trying to promote coin collecting since sales of mint produced collectible coins has dropped off. Starting in 2019, two million of each design were minted at West Point. The only way to get them is in circulation...can't purchase them from the mint.

They are mixed in with the coins from Denver and Philadelphia, one million to each mint, and placed into circulation.

When they first came out, I went through many boxes of quarters searching for them. I think I ended up with 58 of the first 3 issues. Sold most of them on eBay for about $50 each. I found a few rolls with a W mint showing on the end coin...those sold for over $100 a roll. Even the unopened rolls of quarters from the "good" boxes that MIGHT contain W mint quarters brought $45-50. I kept a few of the highest grading ones and think they will increase in value since they are very hard to find without scuffs or dings, especially the first issues before everyone started searching for them.

I quit searching for them when Covid hit.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
              The W means it was minted at West Point, I believe. Very few in production, so kind of rare. Worth $5-10. Uncirculated ones go for $3-400 if memory serves correct. The V75 represents the 75th anniversary of WWII.

Well that sounds pretty cool.

Comment

Interesting. Since covid I haven’t been “in circulation” as much to get a lot of change, but will start more paying attention.

Comment

Got excited a few months ago when I got a 1908 Indian Head penny in with my change at a Wally World. Got a Canadian 1964 penny in with my change at Chik-Fil-A. I keep all odd ball change that I get. The oldest is an 1864 5 mark piece from Germany. Mostly I keep all of the copper and silver.

I had no idea about the W mint coins. Now I need to go through my quarters and look for them!! Thanks!!

Comment

Me also...

Comment

Just great! That's all I need. Another coin to hoard!

Comment

Working...
                      X