Bar J Day Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar J Day Hunts

I got a hunt booked there in two weeks. Has anyone been there or would like to share their experience with the place?

My wife and I went when they first opened. We had a great time. She shot a hog and a nice Black Buck. The thing that will irritate you is they put you out and corn everywhere, not just where you are hunting.

I brought alfalfa pellets and put them out in front of blind. That is only reason my wife had a shot at the Black Buck. He was trotting by and smelled it. Ran right to it.

Rams are everywhere and stupid. Easy shot. The others are a little more leery. We mainly hunted octagon blind.

Comment

They feed everywhere. The rams and pigs are a slam dunk

The lodge is nice and fishing is good. Do a live hunt when you go and good luck

Comment

I'm going for Black Buck. Hows the herd or shot opportunities on them?

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
          They are there, as long as you sit in the pasture stands you’ll see them. If you can kill one or not depends on how far you can shoot

Comment

I’m booked in April and curious if they have any good Auodad?

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
              I've heard they got a good Auodad herd. I'll check when I'm there. Anyone else?

Comment

I've heard they got a good Auodad herd. I'll check when I'm there. Anyone else?
                Good luck and thank you!

Comment

I harvested a black buck there three weekends ago. The herd is huge should be good there.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                    I saw most of the aoudad no males only females and youngsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cstat_hunter View Post
                      I saw most of the aoudad no males only females and youngsters.
                      My cousin is going for Axis did you see any hard horn right now?

Comment

I will be going in April or May for Axis and possible black buck, keep us updated with what you see.

Comment

My cousin is going for Axis did you see any hard horn right now?
                          Only hard horn ones I saw were small. But doesn’t mean I saw them all though

Comment

Originally posted by Cstat_hunter View Post
                            Only hard horn ones I saw were small. But doesn’t mean I saw them all though
                            I'll see how it is this weekend!

Comment

It's called hunting. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X