Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your non-suppressed guns...... now???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your non-suppressed guns...... now???????????

I have several guns that I no longer shoot since they are thinner non threaded barrels. Some have a little sentimental value, but I'm starting to wonder if I should really keep guns that I won't shoot much, or at all. For those that have bought suppressors, did you keep your old guns just to hang out in the safe? I was thinking about getting a table at the next gun show and thinning out a little. The older I get, the less a feel the need to keep these guns for sentimental reasons.

I have never kept anything for sentimental reasons. If I don’t use it or need it it’s gone.

Comment

My first rifle that was given to me by my dad will never be sold or threaded. It’s at APR right now getting a new barrel and bedding the action. I want it as close to original as possible but a little more accurate [emoji6]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Added thread adapters for a couple but still a few that never see daylight anymore.

Comment

I used to have somewhere close to 100 firearms. Over time I've culled them down to those that have a specific hunting or defense purpose or those I simply enjoy shooting. I've sold off the rest and I'm down to 20 or so. I've always got an itch for something but the more I consider it and compare to what I have the more I realize what I have is more than sufficient.

Comment

Man I went through and cleaned all my guns in the last week since I was off and I’m wondering the same exact thing as you. The threaded stuff I shoot will stay, the stuff with sentimental value that I whole or don’t shoot will stay. Everything else, I’m probably going to sell. They’re not appreciating in value and just sitting there taking up space.

Comment

I just had this thought about a couple of mine. Send them off to get threaded or trade them for something already threaded. One of them I would probably shoot more (Rem Model 7 222, never selling or trading it) but I hate to mess with it too. First world problems I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                I have never kept anything for sentimental reasons. If I don’t use it or need it it’s gone.
                X2 until I get my dad's .270...

Comment

Sentimental guns should never be released...there is reason why you call them that. I would never thread or cut my 280ai or my Great Grand mother's 722 in 257 Roberts as an example. They cut their teeth as they were born & will stay that way.

My kids can figure out what is sentimental.

Suppressors have nothing to do with any relevant gun that I feel should be passed down??

Comment

I have a few guns that I don’t shoot or haven’t shot in years but they have value to me that cannot be replaced. Some haven’t been shot in years.

I will pass them down to the next generation at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The only guns I have are useful ones that get shot a lot or sentimental ones. I don’t have any use for tools that don’t get used, but there’s something’s that are just too valuable to be tools. And the value isn’t derived from its cost.

Comment

I have 17 rifles that never get shot. Some are mine from years ago but most were family members who are no longer here. I buy, sale and trade guns almost weekly but those rifles will always be with me to be passed on to my children/grandchildren

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Almost everything I still have is a "family" gun that will be passed down. I guess I am more sentimental at my age. For example, my squirrel gun is a pump 22 with a 24" octagon barrel that is almost 100 years old. It was my wife"s grandfather's. Or, he was like my grandfather for 27 years until he passed. We hunted a lot. Hunting with that old 22 is the closest thing I have to hunting with him again. My daytime hog gun is an M1 carbine given to me by my wife's aunt. They may not be the best thing for what I am hunting, but for me the hunts are about memories of past hunts and making more memories.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                            Kinda my thoughts.

OP, if it were possible to thread the guns you’re considering selling, and buy/order an adapter to use a suppressor, would you do it? If not, sell em. Or give them to a nephew or cousin or something if you want them to stay in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              Sentimental guns should never be released...there is reason why you call them that. I would never thread or cut my 280ai or my Great Grand mother's 722 in 257 Roberts as an example. They cut their teeth as they were born & will stay that way.

My kids can figure out what is sentimental.

Suppressors have nothing to do with any relevant gun that I feel should be passed down??
                              Man, I can see this both ways. My first pickup was an 88 GMC half ton that my great granddad got new, and left it to me when I was 11 or 12. My dad and I put a fuel pump in it, replaced heads, swapped transmissions, fixed air conditioners, rebuilt front ends, repainted it , and rebuilt the motor in it from the time I got it, age 11, to the time I gave up on it, age 19. It served it’s purpose, but at the end of the day it was a 30 year old pickup that hat 30 year old pickup problems.

Sometimes sentiment is more headache than it’s worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X