Best non-dog pet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best non-dog pet

Kids been wanting a ferret, but I think they are nothing but oversized rats... tossing ideas around for getting them something else. What pets do yall have and like that are relatively easy to take care of and are not just the regular dog/cat?
    TIA

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Laying hens

Comment

Red Ear Slider turtle. Best pet that we have. Caught him at the local neighborhood pond and he is awesome

Comment

Man,I don't there is such a thing!Cat's are about as low maintenance as you can get.My ex had a couple of sphynx cats,and man I gotta tell ya' those critters are pure entertainment! Not your typical a-*** cats lol

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Pet rocks are the best

Comment

Guess I should mention, we have a dog, cat, and 2 laying hens already. Had ducks, but when we lost em to coons recently

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like y'all are getting a ferret

Good luck those things stink

Comment

Guy at work has some sort of turtles/tortoises in his flower beds. He has a short wire decorative fence that keeps them from leaving. They grow really slow and his kids along with the neighborhood kids love them. You never even know they are there when you walk by unless you already knew they were there and were looking for them. I don’t know the proper name for them, but they are dry land animals I think. They eat bugs and stuff and he feeds them wvery once in a while

Comment

Ferrets stink so keep that in mind.

Comment

Neighbor has a giant tortoise. He burrows in the winter but the average lifespan is enoug he will have to get put in the will.

Comment

Goat's are pretty entertaining for kids and can be quite friendly. My kids have been showing goats for three years now, and they all have different personalities, kind of like a dog. Not sure what you got room for. And if it doesn't work out......BBQ

Comment

Guinea pigs and the great thing is when the kids get tired of them you can always eat them. Win win!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d go with pet rocks

Comment

Faintin goats! Entertainment value is off the charts

Comment

I inherited a ferret in college for about 6 months and I will admit, he was funny as ****. he and my cat played great together and would chase each other around the apartment and wrestle nonstop. anything he could drag (remotes, socks, underwear, cat toys, etc) would end up under my dresser or if it wouldn't fit he would sit there and try to pull it under till you took it away from him. he would also hump every small toy my cat had.

just get the ferret.

mine didn't stink any more than I dog that I can remember, maybe he had his glands removed or something...?
                              Last edited by jshouse; 12-23-2019, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X