Diy generator housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diy generator housing

Was sick and tired of my generators laying in the grass getting dirty and rained on! Also worried it may catch the grass on fire one day that would be no bueno!
    Attached Files

In

Comment

More pictures

Originally posted by Houston4x4 View Post
      Was sick and tired of my generators laying in the grass getting dirty and rained on! Also worried it may catch the grass on fire one day that would be no bueno!
      More pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

Update

More pictures
        More pictures
        Attached Files

Comment

Very cool. Off and on topic but I hate how loud they are at deer camp and have a cover like a dog house...l.but I swear when it gets hot inside the generator runs bad thus making more noise? (2 different generators I’ve had).

This make sense?

Comment

I have something similar, double width because I use 10,000 watt generators. I used metal grates for the floor. No catching the wood on fire and changing oil is a cinch to drain. I put some sound netting on the roof to help sullen the echo.

Your idea is great trust me. I went thru all of what you’re saying, rain, mud, dry grass, and electrical shorting out.

I also buried pvc piping for my wiring to my RV. Critters ate my cords often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
              I have something similar, double width because I use 10,000 watt generators. I used metal grates for the floor. No catching the wood on fire and changing oil is a cinch to drain. I put some sound netting on the roof to help sullen the echo.

Your idea is great trust me. I went thru all of what you’re saying, rain, mud, dry grass, and electrical shorting out.

I also buried pvc piping for my wiring to my RV. Critters ate my cords often.

Yeah I need to put some sound deading stuff and maybe some expanded metal flooring. I may also add some metal to the back just to dissipate the heat

Comment

Yeah I need to put some sound deading stuff and maybe some expanded metal flooring. I may also add some metal to the back just to dissipate the heat

Here’s what I did. I installed a fan on the inside to swirl the heat out. The grated floor really helps circulate air. Mine is wood all around except floor. Next trip to camp I’ll take a couple pics.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                  Here’s what I did. I installed a fan on the inside to swirl the heat out. The grated floor really helps circulate air. Mine is wood all around except floor. Next trip to camp I’ll take a couple pics.

That would be great thank you

Comment

This is such an interesting DIY, I will try to create my version next year. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

Working...
                    X