New pair of rifles for my boys finally came in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pair of rifles for my boys finally came in

A year or two ago I was going through my guns and trying to thin out my safe from some guns that just didn't get used. During the process I realized that I actually only own one gun that I would never sell. It's nothing overly fancy but it is a Browning BLR in .243 that my granddad gave me for my 15th birthday. I'd sell my soul before I sold that gun. It means the world to me

While I was thinking about it I realized that I wanted to give my boys something that would be just as meaningful to them some day. They are only 6 (almost 7) and 2.5 but they already have a love for the outdoors.

So after going over a ton of different options for a match pair of classic style rifles, I decided to order a couple of Coopers. They came in today and I couldn't be more pleased.

Details......Cooper Schnabels in 6.5x284 wjth 26" barrels. My favorite part may be the serial numbers. Cooper allows you to do a custom serial number that has to be 12 characters long. I thought about doing sequential serial numbers but decided to make the serial number on each gun and each boy's name.

Without further waiting here are some pics.....

Well done, dad.

Comment

Wow. very cool

Comment

A few months ago I was able to pick up a synthetic stock that was a new takeoff from a Cooper Excalibur. I'm looking for another one but they aren't easy to come by. My plan is to take the wood stocks off and put the synthetic stocks on. I'll let the boys hunt with "my" rifles once they are big enough for the LOP. With any luck they won't notice the serial numbers and for their 15th birthday I'll swap the wood stock back on and give them "my" rifle that was really theirs the entire time.

At least that is the plan. Lol

Will be mounting the scopes this weekend. Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 with side focus, 30mm tubes and windplex reticles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Excellent choice and beautiful rifles Sir !

Comment

All around nicely done

Comment

Wow. Very cool

Comment

ay ya ya! Very nice!!

Comment

Well done Dad!

I'm in your same boat, I own 3 rifles that will never be for sale, all were gifts from my Dad.

I recently continued the tradition by gifting my oldest with an APR for graduation.

Comment

Beautiful rifles!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice!

When my brother and I were 12 and 13 my Dad ordered us Savage Model 99s in 243 caliber. When they showed up they were consecutive serial numbers. Mine is no longer accurate because I shot the barrel out of it but it will never be sold. Oh man if those guns could talk!

Comment

That is great! Beautiful rifles

Comment

Very cool! Your boys are very lucky and one of these days they'll realize just how lucky! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great looking rifles & great gifts I sure your boys will cherish forever

Comment

Working...
                              X