Uvalde co. , sabinal area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uvalde co. , sabinal area

Been trying to find some info on the hunting around the sabinal area lately , having no luck.
    Could anybody tell me how the hunting has been,? Are deer coming to corn in this area?

Sabinal is probably one of my least favorite places to hunt ( except for dove )
    South and west of uvalde deer hunting gets much better IMO

Comment

They have been hitting feeders and oat patches
      And are chasing/breeding does right now

Comment

Thanks Aggie , finally got someone to answer my question.

Comment

We havent seen to much chasing in batesville, but im sure it will happen soon.

Comment

Had a group head up to brushy hills mid nov and deer were all over, nothing like last year! We are headed back up again in January but from what I’ve gathered it’s not as green this year and deer are hungry coming to corn!

Comment

Originally posted by Tdurham15 View Post
              Had a group head up to brushy hills mid nov and deer were all over, nothing like last year! We are headed back up again in January but from what I’ve gathered it’s not as green this year and deer are hungry coming to corn!
              Its back to normal. There is usually limited green groceries this time of year. Last year was an anomaly. The sabinal river is normally dry on the surface, but it ran from Mid-October to December last year. A couple good freezes would knock the rest of the brush dormant. The mesquite trees still had leaves the last time I was down there. Deer are definitely out and about.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                Its back to normal. There is usually limited green groceries this time of year. Last year was an anomaly. The sabinal river is normally dry on the surface, but it ran from Mid-October to December last year. A couple good freezes would knock the rest of the brush dormant. The mesquite trees still had leaves the last time I was down there. Deer are definitely out and about.
                Yeah I’m hoping come first of January when I’m down there is all dead and have them roaming out a lot more for food. Would be good to catch that second round of hot does then too

Comment

We hunted chambers 2 weeks ago and there were still a lot of acorns. Everything is brown and dried up..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                    We hunted chambers 2 weeks ago and there were still a lot of acorns. Everything is brown and dried up..
                    Won’t be long and that source of acorns will be depleted!

Comment

What about Lometa area, are deer coming to corn yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X