Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get your Colons checked guys...I just dodged a bullet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did my first at 50, now I'm on the every other year plan.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
      eat more fiber. drink a metamucil type fiber supplement everyday.
      This is not bad advice but it does not replace and should not be an alternative or excuse for you not getting the colonoscopy.

Comment

This thread worries me. And some say it was nothing, drink the drink they knock you out then go eat. That makes it easier, i will be doing this.

Comment

Did first one at 50, had polyps removed. Now I get to go back every 3 years. I’ll be 53 next month. So it’s due. Y’all need to go!

Comment

Been putting mine off for 10+ years. Dr. chastises me every year during physical time. No family history and I try to eat right. I'm now almost 64. Got it scheduled today for 12/2.
            Last edited by locolobo; 11-19-2019, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
              I'm 51, no family history of cancer so I was eligible to do the Colorguard (sp?) test. It was a little odd pooping in a bucket and sending it off, but a lot less having to deal with the roto-rooter method and the prep for it. Got the results back about a week later and all clear. Now I'm good for 3 years before needing it again. Either way you decide to do it, swallow your pride (that's why I hadn't done it before now), but it will give you peace of mind. And, if something is found, it's one of the most curable types of cancer if found early enough. Just do it...…….
              i asked my doctor about this. he said this test only comes back positive if you ALREADY have cancer. the colonoscopy is designed to detect it before it becomes cancer. he did say it was better than doing nothing in your 40s before you have your first one but is NOT a substitute for a colonoscopy.

Comment

I don't go to the doctor and haven't been in 20 years. My wife talked me into going in for a checkup. I found a place near my work and made an appointment. They assigned me to a FEMALE primary physician. Nothing wrong with that initially. During my exam I told her I wanted full panel bloodwork and a PSA test for my prostate. She straight up said NO, and began to explain why I shouldn't. Thank you lady, I am the patient, I would like the test performed. She refused stating that I was too young (37yrs).

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                  i asked my doctor about this. he said this test only comes back positive if you ALREADY have cancer. the colonoscopy is designed to detect it before it becomes cancer. he did say it was better than doing nothing in your 40s before you have your first one but is NOT a substitute for a colonoscopy.
                  Not true at all in regards to you "already" having cancer, do your own research and decide. It was actually recommended by my doctor and I looked into it.
                  Last edited by Puggy625; 11-19-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Some of you guys seem to enjoy the colonoscopy way too much.

I'm 57 so I guess I had better get a pipe shoved up me back side so the doc can have a look see.
                    I'm due for a physical anyway. I had the last on in '89(Other than life insurance physicals. I used to have several large policies as part of buy-sell agreements.).

Comment

I had a positive from my stool sample 4 years ago, took 4 polyps off my colon that were stage 3+, 2 yrs ago I was clean, time for the next one. Don’t put it off, these polyps are easy to remove if you catch them early!

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                          I don't go to the doctor and haven't been in 20 years. My wife talked me into going in for a checkup. I found a place near my work and made an appointment. They assigned me to a FEMALE primary physician. Nothing wrong with that initially. During my exam I told her I wanted full panel bloodwork and a PSA test for my prostate. She straight up said NO, and began to explain why I shouldn't. Thank you lady, I am the patient, I would like the test performed. She refused stating that I was too young (37yrs).

Go find a new doc man. Ive been having em since my early 20s(family history) but they removed 2 small polyps the first time. Nothing in my other 2 since then though.

Comment

One mandated by the insurance saved my wife's life.
                            Personally it was not embarrassing or anything. But I couldn't stop the runs even after. I ate a whole bottle of Imodium to shut it down.
                            In my opinion they give you way too much of the flush. I go next year again. I'll do it but I'm not going to lie. It sucks. I hated it and I hate having to do it again.

Gary

Comment

I just turned 41, today actually, and had my first colonoscopy back in August. I wouldn’t have made 50 had I waited. God was certainly watching out for me too.

As others have said DON’T WAIT.

Comment

67 years old today. Had one poop in the tray and mail off this year first ever. Came back good. I am lucky. Got tired of being chastised as loco said above. I will try to follow the rules. Done enough to harm myself over the younger years and survived to allow my colon to be the end. Hmm the end? They use the end to start the procedure!

Comment

Working...
                                X