Bow Draw Weight (Poundage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Draw Weight (Poundage)

With deer season around the corner thought I would see what you fellers have your bow draw weight set to?

I have always been under the impression you need to have a draw weight over 45 pounds to pass there mid size game. I set mine to 60 pounds yesterday as I am redialing in everything on the platform.

I’m a wuss. Mines at 57.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is at 65#'s but I'm lowing it next year.

Comment

60# here.

Dudes blow through elk with 50# stick bows, heavy arrows, and sharp broadheads so a 60# compound, heavy arrows and sharp broadheads is plenty for anything I'm likely to be shooting.

Comment

64.235. By my calculations this is the perfect poundage for complete pass through with every BH on the market. Less and the arrow bounces off. More and you will cause to much internal damage and bruising resulting in meat loss. Or maybe this is just where I am comfortable at?? Happy Friday!

Comment

69# here.

Comment

I started off at 70# and after seeing my son blow through several deer with his 55# I backed down max turns on my bow. I think I am at 62# now and my shoulder thanks me. I was always told that if you can't draw the bow while holding it straight out in front of you, then your draw weight is too high.

Comment

70#

Comment

My wife has blown through mature auodads with only 38 pounds. Being able to shoot where you want is far more important than poundage.

Comment

I have had some shoulder issues and only pull 53 lbs. High FOC arrows still blow through whitetail and hogs alike.

Comment

Originally posted by sixwarden9 View Post
                      I started off at 70# and after seeing my son blow through several deer with his 55# I backed down max turns on my bow. I think I am at 62# now and my shoulder thanks me. I was always told that if you can't draw the bow while holding it straight out in front of you, then your draw weight is too high.

^^^ this, plus at 62#, I can let down under control as well.

Comment

65 currently. A year in which I was coming back from shoulder surgery, I lowered my poundage down to 47. I killed 4 deer with it that year. Both doe were easy pass throughs and the two mature bucks had the arrow hanging out the exit side by the fletchings.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                            64.235. By my calculations this is the perfect poundage for complete pass through with every BH on the market. Less and the arrow bounces off. More and you will cause to much internal damage and bruising resulting in meat loss. Or maybe this is just where I am comfortable at?? Happy Friday!
                            But what's your FOC?

Comment

55 for my recurve
                              38 for my sons compound

Comment

Working...
                              X