Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 (Gas) Problem

40,000 miles

Issue is only on the Hwy. When cruising in 6th gear and I accelerate a bit (not enough to drop to 5th) it misses. Does it every time now.

Green Screen Diagnosis?

In for this too. Mine does it every so often same scenario.
    60k miles

Comment

Is it a shudder?

Comment

Sounds like a coil.

Comment

CEL on? If it's missing it should throw a code...anyways here is what Google suggests. Sounds similar.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...en-towing.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
            40,000 miles

Issue is only on the Hwy. When cruising in 6th gear and I accelerate a bit (not enough to drop to 5th) it misses. Does it every time now.

Green Screen Diagnosis?
            They have problems with the shift solenoid causing a shudder that feels like a miss. Should be under warranty.

Comment

So now I have to figure out if I should pay my local guy to diagnose or take it straight to the Ford House (45 mins away). My understanding is if it's a coil, my problem. If shift solenoid, their problem.

Comment

Failed/failing torque converter. Service trans and add a bottle of BG transmission additive

Comment

Take it to an auto zone parts store and check for codes. Most auto part stores will read the codes for you, Could be something easy to repair (like a coil)

Comment

Replaced #7 ignition coil and back in business.

Life sure was easier as a kid with a '78 Chevy Big 10 with a 350.

Comment

IF you can't figure it out on your own next time, take it to Spanky's in San Marcos. He is really good at getting the correct diagnosis on those trucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X