Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landowner BS... guess I’m looking for a lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should not lease it then.

Originally posted by Leddy View Post
    I am pretty sure I know this family and know them well. They are a very very respectable people that both live on and work their ranches and the family has done so for Over 100 years. I am sure they would love to sit with you face to face to hear and work through your concerns.

Please clarify a little bit before throwing them under the bus.

Do you feel they built the fences just to mess you up? Or maybe an old one needed replacing? They are sheep ranchers, the first sign of Pig or coyote a helicopter is dispatched. Not to uncommon I don’t feel like. I am sure they told you thank you for sharing your pig and coyote pics with them.

Please clarify cabin. Is this yours? Did you build it? Or is it a place provided for you stay? Is it your refrigerator yours or theirs? Did a couple cakes that wouldn’t fit in main cabin make that much a difference?

By chance did the ranchers grandkids (6,9, 15, 17) want to see the place and hang out on what is theirs? Did they or have they ever shot anything that was not a part of your management program? Also knowing the family I can’t see them just booting you guys from your blinds and saying sorry until Sunday.

Lastly I think you getting this upset and getting this forum all worked up is a little irrational without having spoke to anyone in the family. The daughters, the Son in laws and the land owners themselves aren’t the names they have been called here and again would hear you out.

Comment

I was trying to point out that this could’ve been settled super easy face to face rather than on here. More to it than this dude bashing them. This isn’t a hobby for them it is how food is out on table.

So is it farm/ranch or lease? Farm/ranch or lease or have family out?

Pick one but not all?

Originally posted by Biggun View Post
      They should not lease it then.

Comment

I was trying to point out that this could’ve been settled super easy face to face rather than on here. More to it than this dude bashing them. This isn’t a hobby for them it is how food is out on table.

So is it farm/ranch or lease? Farm/ranch or lease or have family out?

Pick one but not all?
        You don’t hang out or hunt when someone is paying for that right. My family stays off and out of our hunters’ way until after seasons. If you’re there for ranching reasons that’s different but choppers during season is crappy and family hunting and using the hunters setups and the cabin during season is even crappier. They shouldn’t lease it if they want to hunt it

Having said that I agree with bringing it up face to face and hope my hunters would do that first
        Last edited by bphillips; 11-24-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Alot of places get hunted by family when the weekend hunters are in the city during the week, it's been going on for a long time. It happens more than most realize.
          Last edited by SmallTownHunter; 11-24-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            You don’t hang out or hunt when someone is paying for that right. My family stays off and out of our hunters’ way until after seasons. If you’re there for ranching reasons that’s different but choppers during season is crappy and family hunting and using the hunters setups and the cabin during season is even crappier. They shouldn’t lease it if they want to hunt it

Having said that I agree with bringing it up face to face and hope my hunters would do that first
            ^^^WHS^^^
            Myself, I would not be happy if all that was going on on my lease but definitely would not be happy if the LO's family was hunting the property when or if a certain number of hunters were agreed upon and paid for to hunt the property.

Comment

I am pretty sure I know this family and know them well. They are a very very respectable people that both live on and work their ranches and the family has done so for Over 100 years. I am sure they would love to sit with you face to face to hear and work through your concerns.

Do you feel they built the fences just to mess you up? Or maybe an old one needed replacing? They are sheep ranchers, the first sign of Pig or coyote a helicopter is dispatched. Not to uncommon I don’t feel like. I am sure they told you thank you for sharing your pig and coyote pics with them.

Please clarify cabin. Is this yours? Did you build it? Or is it a place provided for you stay? Is it your refrigerator yours or theirs? Did a couple cakes that wouldn’t fit in main cabin make that much a difference?

By chance did the ranchers grandkids (6,9, 15, 17) want to see the place and hang out on what is theirs? Did they or have they ever shot anything that was not a part of your management program? Also knowing the family I can’t see them just booting you guys from your blinds and saying sorry until Sunday.

Lastly I think you getting this upset and getting this forum all worked up is a little irrational without having spoke to anyone in the family. The daughters, the Son in laws and the land owners themselves aren’t the names they have been called here and again would hear you out.

Sorry. If it as the OP said there is no excuse for any what happened..

Planning is key and if anyone thinks flying a helicopter and shooting hogs during deer season, while the property is leased for hunting, is right then you just don't understand.. Surely the land owner has known for a while that there a wild hogs in Texas, on his property and ALL OVER that country..

Having family, any family, hunt paying hunters blinds is total BS UNLESS this was agreed to before money changed hands.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post

Planning is key and if anyone thinks flying a helicopter and shooting hogs during deer season, while the property is leased for hunting, is right then you just don't understand.. Surely the land owner has known for a while that there a wild hogs in Texas, on his property and ALL OVER that country..

Having family, any family, hunt paying hunters blinds is total BS UNLESS this was agreed to before money changed hands.
                ^^^ Spot on!!

Comment

Weigh the reality of having no lease, no place to go in off season against the conditions you have now. Leases are not easy to find, virtually impossible. What you are saying happened definitely sux. How about a calm, mature man to man conversation/negotiation/discussion with the landowner, instead of killing everything you see and getting off, cause there probably aren't many other leases available. If that don't work...........then kill everything you see and get off.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                    Weigh the reality of having no lease, no place to go in off season against the conditions you have now. Leases are not easy to find, virtually impossible. What you are saying happened definitely sux. How about a calm, mature man to man conversation/negotiation/discussion with the landowner, instead of killing everything you see and getting off, cause there probably aren't many other leases available. If that don't work...........then kill everything you see and get off.
                    Not having a lease would be MUCH less stressful than what these guys are putting up with any day of the week.

Why not just kill your legal limit and get off. 2 wrongs don't make a right.. Killing everything you see makes the hunter no better than the land owner.. That s just stupidity...
                    The deer shouldn't be punished for a landowners bad decisions or crooked ways.
                    Last edited by PondPopper; 11-24-2017, 06:38 AM.

Comment

i'd be gone.

Comment

Landowner BS... guess I’m looking for a lease.

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post

I agree with all of this except in this country wild hogs are not all over it. It's goat and sheep country and they are held at bay pretty well with goat wire and few natural water sources. I'm just east of them and we haven't had a hog on our place in my 11 years and my LO hasn't seen one since they inherited 26 years ago. And yes 26 years ago somebody told him the cliche .. "you ain't got em yet? Well you will[emoji23]." There are some around the area (mostly nearer the river) as bphillips can attest but it's nothing nothing like other areas of Texas.

That being said, bring out some traps. Save the helo for the off season for the few that show up.
                        Last edited by Smart; 11-24-2017, 06:44 AM.

Comment

If it's like you say you would think they would value the $$ from hunting a little more to "feed their family". It sounds like they shouldn't be leasing. Or don't lease one pasture and keep it for family.

Comment

The landowner and his family may be the nicest people ever, but they are still wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              The landowner and his family may be the nicest people ever, but they are still wrong.

Spot on

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I agree with all of this except in this country wild hogs are not all over it. It's goat and sheep country and they are held at bay pretty well with goat wire and few natural water sources. I'm just east of them and we haven't had a hog on our place in my 11 years and my LO hasn't seen one since they inherited 26 years ago. And yes 26 years ago somebody told him the cliche .. "you ain't got em yet? Well you will[emoji23]." There are some around the area (mostly nearer the river) as bphillips can attest but it's nothing nothing like other areas of Texas.

That being said, bring out some traps. Save the helo for the off season for the few that show up.
                                We don't have them yet either but see them dead on 190 regularly.. We've ran Game cams since Cams were 35mm. No pics of a swine yet.
                                Its coming though.

Now we do have a huge coyote problem though. Never saw or heard one until 4 years ago. Now they are thick. Very few fawns spotted this year too. We will be getting on this issue soon.
                                Last edited by PondPopper; 11-24-2017, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X