Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Taxidermists & Fellow Hunters ($1,000 reward)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTENTION TAXIDERMISTS & FELLOW HUNTERS!!
    $1,000 REWARD

If you any information leading to the recovery of this deer, please contact me (Anthony Weeaks) $1,000 REWARD will be paid to the person or persons that lead to the recovery of this buck and his antlers. This deer disappeared from our lease October 17, 2019. We have waited until now to use the power of the internet in hopes of getting some finality to the whereabouts of this buck. His 3rd beam and narrow frame are very unique and easily identifiable.

This deer was seen at a particular blind, nearly everyday since the 2017 season. He was believed to score in the 180s to 190s in these photos. Both of his sheds were found from the 2017 & 2018 seasons, and he would have scored in the high 160s as a 10pt with 38in of mass each year. He was extremely regular and did not spook easily. We have walked miles and miles, flown drones, over thousands of acres looking for the skull and remnants of this buck in case he died of natural causes, to no avail. It has been 3.5 months since the last game cam picture was taken, and my gut feeling is the deer was killed.

We have 45,000 acres surrounded by a high fence. The only legal means in which this buck could have been legally harvested by our neighboring pastures would have been to be checked in to the ranch headquarters, as we are a MLD ranch. IF the buck was shot/poached by anyone at anytime, it would have been shot illegally.

An extreme amount of time, patience, and money was spent in helping this deer grow into this rack! Although this is a very secure ranch and poaching is unlikely, I am just hoping the power of the internet can lead to some closure, and help us find this buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ground Checkin' Heavies; 02-11-2020, 07:22 PM.

Would be quite the story if you find closure..................

Comment

Heck of a deer hope you find a ending to the tale of this beast

Comment

Beautiful deer, hope you have some closure.

Just curious, your place must be huge that you think the buck wouldn’t have gone several miles and been shot by someone y’all didn’t know of killed him.

Comment

Is this a Killam country lease??

Comment

It would have to be one of the lease members that poached him. Also, your chance of finding a carcass on 45k acres by walking or even drone is pretty slim.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              It would have to be one of the lease members that poached him. Also, your chance of finding a carcass on 45k acres by walking or even drone is pretty slim.
              This is my thought.

Comment

Sounds like the old Junco.

They used to run poaching operations on that ranch many years ago. I would hope one of the lease members or neighboring pastures wouldn’t have snuck him out.

Comment

45k acres! Heck I lost 2 bucks in 220 acres and finally found them after searching daily for 2 wks. Found them in a ditch that I had previously walked by 3-4 times already. If it wasn’t for a buzzard I would still be looking. Good luck

Comment

Call Charlie Beaty

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                      Beautiful deer, hope you have some closure.

Just curious, your place must be huge that you think the buck wouldn’t have gone several miles and been shot by someone y’all didn’t know of killed him.

If the deer was shot by a hunter on the ranch, it would have had to have an MLD tag, then checked in to the ranch headquarters to be legal. This deer was never checked in.

Therefore, 1. he’s either alive and extremely elusive, no one has seen him on all 45,000 acres that we have talked to. 2. He died of natural causes sometime around October 18-20th, (I find that very unlikely given the time of year.) 3. He was poached, thus the reasoning for this post.

I know it’s a long shot, needle in a hay stack, but think it’s worth a shot. If he was poached in anyway shape or form, I’m hoping to track him down.

Last edited by Ground Checkin' Heavies; 02-11-2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Would imagine a hunter on the lease shot him (poached him) or he’s dead some where around the ranch.

Best of luck finding it and looks like you’re getting roasted on the Facebook pages for this post...

Comment

going with a member are ranch hand got him? good luck.

Comment

I like to be optimistic and think that maybe he’s still alive and moved around. Maybe someone shot at him and isn’t fessing up. Might be why he’s being more elusive than previously.

Comment

It’s certainly not unheard of for someone to wound a buck but not admit it, even within his own camp. Sometimes it’s an honest “I know I missed” mistake that wasn’t actually a miss. Sure not saying that happened here, but it’s a regular enough occurrence. In bow season, many outfitters and guides have learned to count arrows at dropoff and pickup.

Comment

Working...
                              X