X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
    Pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For some reason I cant upload. From my phone or my computer. Which is crazy b.c I post pics on multiple other fourms

Comment

Originally posted by b.a.saha View Post
      Maybe bowvista on here. He use to redo old knives
      Thanks I sent him a pm

Comment

Here they are. If I had the time right now I'd offer to tackle for you. It would be a good project. Click image for larger version

Name:	168168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	24608261Click image for larger version

Name:	168167.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	24608262Click image for larger version

Name:	168166.jpg
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	24608263

Comment

As severe as the rust is on the cutting edge, the knife would need a new edge ground on it, which would change the factory profile. I would kill the oxidation process on it and clean it up with some Kroil and apply some saddle soap and condtioner to the sheath. Write a note with detail of your grandfather's info and place it inside the sheath with the knife and put it in a safe place. Its worth more now than if some one ground on the blade.

I sold Case knives for 10 years, and have sent plenty back to them and always got the original back. Case will typically charge 27.00 for a blade replacement on a folding knife. They are very particular to their warranty and will deny warranty on broke tips,rust or hammered edges. Busted handles can be replaced for a fee as well but it is determined by the material.

A broke tip on a knife is not a defect in workmanship, its a defect between the ears.
          Last edited by Radar; 02-09-2020, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            As severe as the rust is on the cutting edge, the knife would need a new edge ground on it, which would change the factory profile. I would kill the oxidation process on it and clean it up with some Kroil and apply some saddle soap and condtioner to the sheath. Write a note with detail of your grandfather's info and place it inside the sheath with the knife and put it in a safe place. Its worth more now than if some one ground on the blade.

I sold Case knives for 10 years, and have sent plenty back to them and always got the original back. Case will typically charge 27.00 for a blade replacement on a folding knife. They are very particular to their warranty and will deny warranty on broke tips,rust or hammered edges. Busted handles can be replaced for a fee as well but it is determined by the material.

A broke tip on a knife is not a defect in workmanship, its a defect between the ears.
            Yes sir, that's why I'm I'm looking for. I just want it to look as best as it can with out changing it to much. If that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
            X