No announcement yet.

How long on processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideally, a deer should hang for five to seven days. However, removing the tenderloins right away and the backstraps within 24 hours is a good idea. When the meat ages, a hard membrane will form around the meat, which should be removed when processing the meat. If you leave the straps and tenderloins on the carcass, they will dry up.
    Letting a deer hang for about 24 hours will allow the muscles to relax and the meat to cool. Ideally, a deer should hang for five to seven days. What are yalls thoughts on this ??

Comment

I dropped one off at Kleins in Pflugerville said it would 3-4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKJAX View Post
        Ideally, a deer should hang for five to seven days. However, removing the tenderloins right away and the backstraps within 24 hours is a good idea. When the meat ages, a hard membrane will form around the meat, which should be removed when processing the meat. If you leave the straps and tenderloins on the carcass, they will dry up.
        Letting a deer hang for about 24 hours will allow the muscles to relax and the meat to cool. Ideally, a deer should hang for five to seven days. What are yalls thoughts on this ??
        I hang mine for a 4-7 days if possible depending on age. Sometimes a little longer. Overnight at least. I leave the skin on and take the tenderloins out immediately. This prevents the meat drying.

Comment

Working...
        X