Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Coastal” region Rut activity or lack of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Coastal” region Rut activity or lack of...

I noticed a couple of mature bucks roaming here in Fort Bend county about a week ago but best I can tell they haven’t started here yet. Normally they are in full rut in my area around mid September. I might be wishful thinking but I’m hoping we get the opportunity the hunt the full length of the first rut. Anyone down here seeing any activity?

Yeah been running pretty good the last couple weeks. Wife ran over a real nice 8 last week chasing a doe. Talked to my a buddy that hunts by Bay City and he said they’ve been running real hard last couple weeks and appears to be dying down some. I’ve noticed the same thing here. Activity has really slowed the past few days.

Comment

I'm in Jackson county, and it is usually in full swing 1-2 weeks before opening bow season. However, I haven't seen the activity I usually do, so I'm hoping it's running late this year and that I didn't miss it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
        I'm in Jackson county, and it is usually in full swing 1-2 weeks before opening bow season. However, I haven't seen the activity I usually do, so I'm hoping it's running late this year and that I didn't miss it completely.

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m in Wharton county and the rut has been in full swing the last 10-14 days. This buck chases any doe that comes to the feeder, he’s about to get this one also.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nothing solid yet here for me in fort bend county. Older bucks starting to roam, some smaller ones still bachelored up. Saw a middle aged buck mildly following a doe but she wasn’t having it. Didn’t hunt this morning, but it Should get rolling soon.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
              Nothing solid yet here for me in fort bend county. Older bucks starting to roam, some smaller ones still bachelored up. Saw a middle aged buck mildly following a doe but she wasn’t having it. Didn’t hunt this morning, but it Should get rolling soon.

That’s exactly what I’m seeing as well

Comment

For the first time in my life I have not seen a single buck chasing a doe, here in Brazoria county, by this time of year. I usually see them chasing in September..
                Its different..

Comment

I haven't seen much either this year. It's been hot and then we had a bunch of rain last week. It's probably going on somewhere. Just not around me.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    For the first time in my life I have not seen a single buck chasing a doe, here in Brazoria county, by this time of year. I usually see them chasing in September..
                    Its different..
                    Weird the discrepancy. I live close to Cedar Lane, there has been hard chasing the last couple weeks. Buddy hunts out by the Bay City airport has seen the same.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Weird the discrepancy. I live close to Cedar Lane, there has been hard chasing the last couple weeks. Buddy hunts out by the Bay City airport has seen the same.

Very weird

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                        I’m in Wharton county and the rut has been in full swing the last 10-14 days. This buck chases any doe that comes to the feeder, he’s about to get this one also.

He’s a shooter !

Comment

I hunt near West Columbia and it's very slow. Weird is right.

Comment

They are chasing hard this morning

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                              They are chasing hard this morning
                              What county?

Comment

Working...
                              X