No announcement yet.

Jank Knife Confiscated at Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s nuts but awesome at the same time!! Glad it worked out.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Good ending!

I lost a folding Buck when I forgot I had it in my pocket at DFW. Just before I got to the screener, I remembered. They said I could take it back to my vehicle, but I didn't have time, so I gave it up! Would you please keep your eye out for it?

Comment

Great story!

Comment

Glad you could find him!

Comment

Very cool! My son had his knife confiscated on Christmas Day after forgetting it in his backpack/carry on from a recent hunting trip. We made the knife together for his 13th birthday along with his 4 friends. Sure would like to recover that one somehow!

Comment

Lucky break for the original owner !

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                Very cool! My son had his knife confiscated on Christmas Day after forgetting it in his backpack/carry on from a recent hunting trip. We made the knife together for his 13th birthday along with his 4 friends. Sure would like to recover that one somehow!

I too, lost one to the airport! It was a small insignificant pocket knife, but I still hated to let it go. Like said above, I was told that I could either take it back to my vehicle, or give it up right there. I didn’t have time to go back to the car.

Glad it found it’s way home!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's a great show of character, honesty, and integrity. Jank, if you email back with this person, please tell them so for me.

Comment

For what it's worth I lost a rifle at an airport too. In Viet Nam I took a rifle off the VC sniper we captured. I had it for over six months, I asked my company commander if I could bring it back stateside and he said there would not be a problem. When I got to Bien Hoa airbase I was told I could not board with it.. I was told the bolt had to be welded. I really wanted that rifle, but I wasn't going to miss my plane. it was an old Chinese rifle with an extremely long barrel and some sort of make shift scope. I never saw one like it my two tours in Viet Nam... It I what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      When TSA takes something, they can either keep it or the owner can mail it to themselves...
                      Yup, not sure why it ended up in a store. I mailed a knife once when TSA found it in my bag. Cost me 10 bucks.

Comment

Great stuff!

Comment

Here's the email from Brian (the finder) to Nathan; I thought I'd share it with you.

Hey Nathan,
                          > I got your message about your knife, not sure what’s going on with my email other than I’m working from my I Pad and it’s not using my typical account. The mail store was closed this weekend and I’m in Eagle Pass early tomorrow, returning on Friday. I should be able to get it off to you then. I gently sharpened it this afternoon, just wanted to spend a little time with it before it left me. If you can give me the 60 bucks I paid for it and the freight, that would be fine. Please send me your address, I’ll let you know what the freight comes out to.

Comment

Great story!

Comment

Awesome story. Glad its going back home...there are still some great people out there.

Comment

Power of the interwebs.... Cool story. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                                X