No announcement yet.

Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a non -resident even though I spend half the year in Texas, other than the general license Item 105, do I need an archery endorsement as well? It is for an archery deer-nilgai-hog hunt later. I have hunted during gun exotic where all I needed was a type 157 which is 5 day special hunting non-res.

Comment

Anyone else at Isla Inn?

Comment

Made it down to the Airbnb for the Friday hunt.
        Cold and super wet and still raining should be fun

Comment

Laguna bound!!! Anyone else camping at Thomassie park this weekend? I’m in a grey dodge 4x4 and will be staying in a Kifaru Tut shelter if anyone wants to drop by...

Comment

Originally posted by Brown E View Post
            As a non -resident even though I spend half the year in Texas, other than the general license Item 105, do I need an archery endorsement as well? It is for an archery deer-nilgai-hog hunt later. I have hunted during gun exotic where all I needed was a type 157 which is 5 day special hunting non-res.

I know at the LRGV NWR hunt last week the game warden checked me to make sure I had the archery endorsement so I would assume it is also required for this hunt too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck this morning. Animals should be moving after the wind lays down a little.

Comment

I wish it would hurry up! It doesn’t look like it will let up until this evening.

Comment

Cool muddy morning in unit 1. Some small WT moving

Comment

The wind has been terrible. If this keeps up I going to find a spot in the thick brush to hide in.

Comment

Too windy for sure. What unit are you sitting?

Comment

Welcome to Laguna. The critters are used to it as it blows down there all the time. That's the reason you see so many wind farms there

Comment

Too windy? That sounds like awesome cover for 75% of the directions to hunt in...

Comment

Originally posted by Brown E View Post
                            Verify it with the game warden but I think you only need an archery endorsement if you are hunting in October because it is archery only. A couple of years ago my buddy did not have the archery endorsement while hunting at the El Teniente and the game warden did some checks and then came back and said he was good to go. We did not ask but we are assuming he did not get ticket because it was already November (Gun season).

Comment

We are in 8.

Comment

Had a big mature bull bust me on the draw at 13 yards. He came in on a mission and it was either make the attempt or watch him walk past.

Unlike whitetail, these dudes don’t freeze and try to figure out what is happening. That joker saw me break over to full draw. Literally 1” or 2” of forearm movement is what he witnessed. He swapped ends and left instantly. No quizzical stare or snort. Crazy spooky.

I was in 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X