No announcement yet.

Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a shed on the way in (didn’t move it of course) and had a blue indigo snake go by that was every bit of 7ft. No deer or nilgai yet

Comment

So far I have seen a mature bull nilgai, two giant hogs (both on scouting day), javelina, bigass gator, tortoise, a million ducks, and a few snakes. This is a cool place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
        So far I have seen a mature bull nilgai, two giant hogs (both on scouting day), javelina, bigass gator, tortoise, a million ducks, and a few snakes. This is a cool place!

Yep Laguna is one of a kind. Have seen quite a few of everything but of course today they are out range. Hunt goes on.

Know of one 5pt whitetail that has been turned in so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
          I personally ain’t wasting an arrow on a pig.
          Kinda like shooting a block target, but has hair. I once saw the mangiest ugliest, missing half an ear old pig that I should have put out of his misery.

But he was headed straight to my buddy and he had more arrows than me.

Comment

I want to know when the last helicopter nilgai extermination was conducted. Scouting I encountered 3 pairs of calves, all without a cow. They were as gentle and small as can be, walked up within 30 yards of them all. Only mature nilgai on scout day was a cow with ear tags and 2 calves nursing on her. Make sense the test subject wasn't shot. Those numbers are nothing in comparison to what Ive seen previously biking the refuge.

I'm thinking they let the helicopter snipers in ahead of us Hunters who paid for permits and traveled all the way down here to hunt them with the associated cost. Meanwhile, someone with USDA AND THE REFUGE is lining their pockets off this aerial nilgai eradication and slanging nilgai meat for profit and "NON-profit".

Anyone know when it was last conducted?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
              I want to know when the last helicopter nilgai extermination was conducted. Scouting I encountered 3 pairs of calves, all without a cow. They were as gentle and small as can be, walked up within 30 yards of them all. Only mature nilgai on scout day was a cow with ear tags and 2 calves nursing on her. Make sense the test subject wasn't shot. Those numbers are nothing in comparison to what Ive seen previously biking the refuge.

I'm thinking they let the helicopter snipers in ahead of us Hunters who paid for permits and traveled all the way down here to hunt them with the associated cost. Meanwhile, someone with USDA AND THE REFUGE is lining their pockets off this aerial nilgai eradication and slanging nilgai meat for profit and "NON-profit".

Anyone know when it was last conducted?

Hell I saw a chopper over the refuge today and made me wonder if it was one of them.

Comment

My knee jerk reaction - this is ridiculous! I really hope this refuge loses the majority of its funding

Comment

Saw a large cow on scouting day, within shooting distance no less, an absolutely gigantic bull yesterday running at 300 yards (someone had bumped it from somewhere and it had a new destination on its mind), ten bazillion ducks, and an indigo snake which was easily the largest snake I've ever seen in the field. Fun place, my first time here. (oh, and I passed on shooting two small deer -- what's the point, really?)

Comment

They need to open the dang gate!
                    Last edited by Bigfoot92; 11-02-2019, 05:02 AM. Reason: Didn’t know da mn was a bad word

Comment

DRAG TEAM ASSEMBLE!!!!!!

BBD!!!!!

Comment

DRAG TEAM ASSEMBLE!!!!!!

BBD!!!!!

Heck yeah

Comment

DRAG TEAM ASSEMBLE TIMES 2!!!!!

I'M ON FIRE!

2 GIANTS!!! ONE IS DEAD RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME LESS THAN 20 YDS. MADE AN 8 YD SHOT!! DIED ON FILM!

NEXT SHOT WAS 40YDS. SAW ALOT OF BLOOD SPRAYING!!

Last edited by Mr. Public; 11-02-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

DRAG TEAM ASSEMBLE!!!!!!

BBD!!!!!

Awesome. Pics

Comment

Awesome
                              Can’t wait for pics

Comment

DRAG TEAM ASSEMBLE TIMES 2!!!!!

I'M ON FIRE!

2 GIANTS!!! ONE IS DEAD RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME LESA THAN 20 YDS. MADE AN 8 YD SHOT!! DIED ON FILM!

NEXT SHOT WAS 40YDS. SAW ALOT OF BLOOD SPRAYING!!

Drag team! I love it . Killa G strikes again

Comment

Working...
                                X