• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by WISCONSIN View Post

Heck yes! Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys - I purchased a Hawk transformer pod - its easy to cart around but hard to load into a car.

Comment

That's gonna eat well. Nice pic. I've got to shoot one of those for the freezer one of these years.

Comment

So much for the advice that ground blinds spook all of the nilgai. Nice bull, young lady -- a real accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
              No sir. My deer wasn’t spotted but If it was I for sure would have passed. Honestly thought I was just shooting a smaller doe. It was in some grass that I thought made it look bigger.

Ah, I didn't think there was, but didn't remember the entire orientation from a year ago.

Don't worry about it then, the tagging error might bite you but don't worry about the naysayers, if it's legal then shoot away! There's a reason does drop twins... lol

Comment

Originally posted by ppeeks59 View Post
                So much for the advice that ground blinds spook all of the nilgai. Nice bull, young lady -- a real accomplishment.
                What are you talking about. That is not a blind.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by RGV Hunter; 10-28-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Comment

The board this morning prior to lunch.

Comment

Nothing out of section 3.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                        Ah, I didn't think there was, but didn't remember the entire orientation from a year ago.

Don't worry about it then, the tagging error might bite you but don't worry about the naysayers, if it's legal then shoot away! There's a reason does drop twins... lol

I tagged it fine but the people that write on the board put it as no points haha.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post

One of the volunteers told me they ran the feeders for a month and when they checked they were almost full this year. They arnt sure why animals arnt back in 3 this year. Take it with a grain of salt but that’s what he told me.

Comment

Finally made it back home and have time to post in depth.

Our hunt started with finding a nice Nilgai bathroom at the intersection of many trails. I spotted the trails via some satellite images and marked it as a spot to start looking. We set up a ground blind the night before in some taller grass. Opening morning we were in the blind as soon as legally allowable (gate was supposed to open at 0530 but ended up opening at 0545). We tiptoed in, hunkered down and waited. 10 min after shooting light my daughter spotted two Nilgai barreling across the field we were watching straight towards us! The lead cow must have winded us because she stopped on a dime at 40 yds, the bull (juvenile male) stopped right behind her. He was noticeably larger than her so I gave the green light for my daughter to shoot. As he was quartering to us, she tucked a muzzy 100gr fixed blade right in front of the shoulder and got penetration on the opposite shoulder. He immediately bailed and took a 200 yrd loop to where he came from with blood visible on his shoulder/legs through the glass. We waited a solid hour before starting the track, only to find him less than 20 yds from where we saw him enter the wood line!! Suggestions from someone with 3 days of hunting them are:

Set a ground blind, just hide it as best as possible
                            Bring good glass and use it
                            Get off the road/trails
                            Use satellite imagery and isolate spots ahead of time, this place is large and can be overwhelming
                            STOP walking around, you will not sneak up on one!! All you will do is push/educate them and **** off all the hunters around you and **** up there hunts!!! (We had a run in with 3 people out for a leisurely stroll and spooked a cow Nilgai that was headed right for us).
                            Did I say get off the road and stop walking around!!!

We will be back for the Lower Rio hunt, east lake tract Nilgai rifle youth in Jan and will put my theories to the test!! Good luck to those still hunting and appreciate everyone's hospitality! If anyone wants to trade some feeder hog style hunting for some big WI whitetail hunting send me a PM!!

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post

I noticed that myself.
                              Gemini when do you hunt? I’ll be there on Thursday for this wkends hunt

Comment

Originally posted by WISCONSIN View Post
                                Finally made it back home and have time to post in depth.

Our hunt started with finding a nice Nilgai bathroom at the intersection of many trails. I spotted the trails via some satellite images and marked it as a spot to start looking. We set up a ground blind the night before in some taller grass. Opening morning we were in the blind as soon as legally allowable (gate was supposed to open at 0530 but ended up opening at 0545). We tiptoed in, hunkered down and waited. 10 min after shooting light my daughter spotted two Nilgai barreling across the field we were watching straight towards us! The lead cow must have winded us because she stopped on a dime at 40 yds, the bull (juvenile male) stopped right behind her. He was noticeably larger than her so I gave the green light for my daughter to shoot. As he was quartering to us, she tucked a muzzy 100gr fixed blade right in front of the shoulder and got penetration on the opposite shoulder. He immediately bailed and took a 200 yrd loop to where he came from with blood visible on his shoulder/legs through the glass. We waited a solid hour before starting the track, only to find him less than 20 yds from where we saw him enter the wood line!! Suggestions from someone with 3 days of hunting them are:

Set a ground blind, just hide it as best as possible
                                Bring good glass and use it
                                Get off the road/trails
                                Use satellite imagery and isolate spots ahead of time, this place is large and can be overwhelming
                                STOP walking around, you will not sneak up on one!! All you will do is push/educate them and **** off all the hunters around you and **** up there hunts!!! (We had a run in with 3 people out for a leisurely stroll and spooked a cow Nilgai that was headed right for us).
                                Did I say get off the road and stop walking around!!!

We will be back for the Lower Rio hunt, east lake tract Nilgai rifle youth in Jan and will put my theories to the test!! Good luck to those still hunting and appreciate everyone's hospitality! If anyone wants to trade some feeder hog style hunting for some big WI whitetail hunting send me a PM!!
                                Man that is awesome. Congrats again.
                                And yes you are dead right!!! People have to realize they will never sneak up on a nilgai. They are magnificently specialized in hearing or seeing you long before you even know they are there. But it never fails some jack wagon is up moving around and screwing everything up for some guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X