No announcement yet.

Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here was the board when we left. I think the wind had most of the animals bedded most of the day. Still saw some animals and man was it a beautiful day to be in the woods! Tomorrow should be great. I could have shot a spike and my brother a couple does, but we will holdout a few days while we chase Nilgai! I'll try to keep yall updated.

Comment

Originally posted by WISCONSIN View Post
      My 11 year old daughter was able to harvest a bull Nilgai this AM. Tucked the arrow into the boiler room from 50 yds. He ran 250ish yds beded up and expired! Couldn't be happier!! Apparently I'm so new I cant upload pics otherwise I would get some up!
      This is incredible! The majority of folks that hunt here throughout the year dont take a Nilgai, let alone a bull! Congratulations young lady!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

My 11 year old daughter was able to harvest a bull Nilgai this AM. Tucked the arrow into the boiler room from 50 yds. He ran 250ish yds beded up and expired! Couldn't be happier!! Apparently I'm so new I cant upload pics otherwise I would get some up!
          Absolutely outstanding!!

Comment

Congrats to your daughter Wisconsin. Awesome.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Wind isn't too bad today. Cool, still morning, I have only seen 2 bucks and 2 does. They crossed a lane I'm watching 80y down. Both were average sized bucks. No shot opportunities. Another beautiful day in the woods!

Comment

I am up next week! You guys are killing me!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Wisconsin!

Where was the orientation at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXFireFighter View Post
                    Here was the board when we left. I think the wind had most of the animals bedded most of the day. Still saw some animals and man was it a beautiful day to be in the woods! Tomorrow should be great. I could have shot a spike and my brother a couple does, but we will holdout a few days while we chase Nilgai! I'll try to keep yall updated.
                    Congrats Wisconsin! I’m totally gonna use your story on my 11 year old girl to see if I can get her fired up about hunting.

Are the weights shown on the board total animal weights or field dressed weights? Just curious...

Good luck to all and please don’t wipe em out before my January rifle hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by TGKIL View Post
                      Congrats Wisconsin! I’m totally gonna use your story on my 11 year old girl to see if I can get her fired up about hunting.

Are the weights shown on the board total animal weights or field dressed weights? Just curious...

Good luck to all and please don’t wipe em out before my January rifle hunt!
                      Field dressed

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Major congrats to you both! Looking forward to pics and the story.

Comment

Congrats Wisconsin! When I first saw your post about driving all the way down for the hunt with your daughter I thought you were nuts; very glad to see I’m totally wrong!

Comment

I probably shouldn't state this, but to shoot a 26 pound doe (fawn) and a 48 pound buck ( fawn) is just stupid.

Comment

Found a dead cow someone arrowed yesterday. That's unfortunate, she would have been mighty tasty

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                                I probably shouldn't state this, but to shoot a 26 pound doe (fawn) and a 48 pound buck ( fawn) is just stupid.

A kill is a kill. They need animals to be killed off the refuge and that’s what they’re doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X