Mexico 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsellars View Post
    Any changes in rules this year for getting guns across the border? I know someone posted a couple of months ago that a picture of gun and serial number would be required? Also does anybody had experience with the US Customs form for bringing your firearm back into the US?

This is only from our experience in PN in Sept, and it changes by what agent you have it seems.....

Same process as always, sent outfitter our S/N, Make, Model of gun with Photos of passports and Driver licenses. 1 of the guys had never had a gun permit in mexico before, didn't need any photos of actual gun.

Last year coming back the border agents told us we need to fill out a form 4457 prior to taking the guns out of the country. once we had it, when we brought them back we could just show the form and be on our way. They ran our serial numbers since we hadn't done that prior.

This year we took the guns to the conroe customs office at the airport and got the form signed. So we shouldn't have any more issues from here out. You can do it at the border on America's side as well prior to crossing, I am pretty sure.

Again, I am no mexico hunting expert just relaying what we experienced this year and bringing guns back last year.
    Last edited by EastTexasMan; 10-17-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      This is only from our experience in PN in Sept, and it changes by what agent you have it seems.....

Same process as always, sent outfitter our S/N, Make, Model of gun with Photos of passports and Driver licenses. 1 of the guys had never had a gun permit in mexico before, didn't need any photos of actual gun.

Last year coming back the border agents told us we need to fill out a form 4457 prior to taking the guns out of the country. once we had it, when we brought them back we could just show the form and be on our way. They ran our serial numbers since we hadn't done that prior.

This year we took the guns to the conroe customs office at the airport and got the form signed. So we shouldn't have any more issues from here out. You can do it at the border on America's side as well prior to crossing, I am pretty sure.

X2 we didn’t need photos of rifle... we have the form signed at border prior to crossing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We were asked about the form 4457 form last year when bringing our guns out they said we need to get it when taking guns in. the year before we got the forms done and when we gave it to them when bringing guns out they said what is this for. It does depend on who checks you but does not hurt to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
          D, thx for the pic, farm logs says we got .67
          Yes sir. We’ll take it for sure. Good luck this season.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
            A bill of sale should work

Will a bill of sale work on a sxs if it’s already paid off, but never got the title changed over?

Comment

Originally posted by Jbguide View Post
              Will a bill of sale work on a sxs if it’s already paid off, but never got the title changed over?

It should. Just need something to show ownership. They don’t know if it’s paid off or not. But just like anything else, it may work for one person but not the other.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
                It should. Just need something to show ownership. They don’t know if it’s paid off or not. But just like anything else, it may work for one person but not the other.

Thanks

Comment

Mexico Hunting Lease
                  15000 ac low fence
                  Looking for 1 management minded hunter
                  1 trophy
                  1 Management buck
                  Blinds and feeders are already setup.
                  Coahuila/ East of Villa Union
                  Camp house with water/ electricity
                  $4000 per gun plus corn & permits
                  Posting for Ken please call at 12103677663

Comment

JBguide, you may just want to start your own lease thread for this place and that other place in villa union. I swear I've seen 'em both posted 4x each in the last year between here and facebook

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      JBguide, you may just want to start your own lease thread for this place and that other place in villa union. I swear I've seen 'em both posted 4x each in the last year between here and facebook

You would be surprised on how many window lickers I get that ask a ton of questions and then say never mind my wife won’t let me go to Mexico!

Comment

You would be surprised on how many window lickers I get that ask a ton of questions and then say never mind my wife won’t let me go to Mexico!

Time to grow some balls and and make decisions for themselves

Comment

Mexico 2019-2020

I’m sorry i love my wife and respect her above all, but she will never tell me where i can an can’t hunt. Just like I’ll never tell her what to spend her money on. If it’s not putting your family in a bind it’s not even a discussion. Also these boundaries are set before hand some things just aren’t up for negotiation [emoji2371]

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                            I’m sorry i love my wife and respect her above all, but she will never tell me where i can an can’t hunt. Just like I’ll never tell her what to spend her money on. If it’s not putting your family in a bind it’s not even a discussion. Also these boundaries are set before hand some things just aren’t up for negotiation [emoji2371]

Hey, Its Not a Bad thing For Us That Go, Keeping Mexico Great

Comment

If I had the funds I'd be down there in a heart beat. I see the bucks y'all call culls and they would be a buck of a life time for me. Maybe one of these days but at 60 I'm running out of days. LOL

Comment

Mexico 2019-2020

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                                Hey, Its Not a Bad thing For Us That Go, Keeping Mexico Great

Oh absolutely i just don’t like the people that try, and do the fear mongering when asked. Especially when they do it in front of my family’ or others... if your scared that’s fine, but don’t try spewing that crap to make other people worry. Granted my wife trust my judgement, but I’ve seen several men’s wives start chirpin after some ignorant azz tries to do the whole it’s a war zone crap. Instead of just saying he ain’t got the pants in the house [emoji2371]

Comment

Working...
                                X