Homemade Deer Attractants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade Deer Attractants

I've been watching YouTube videos of guys making homemade deer attractants. Most recipes consist of sugar, jello, salt, peanut butter etc. They all claim you will save money by buying these ingredients and making it yourself but by the time you buy all of the ingredients you have spent just as much money if not more than buying the store bought attractants.

Attractants to hunt over, get pics with, or……? I get lots of mileage from a $12 trace mineral block.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm makin' some right now!! Had to replant twice because the crows beat the deer to it, but I think I finally got a stand good enough the crows can't hurt it now... It's top secret... we call it corn...

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Attractants to hunt over, get pics with, or……? I get lots of mileage from a $12 trace mineral block.
        Is that a regular red mineral block from TSC?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          I'm makin' some right now!! Had to replant twice because the crows beat the deer to it, but I think I finally got a stand good enough the crows can't hurt it now... It's top secret... we call it corn...
          Just send me a pm. Our secret.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
            Is that a regular red mineral block from TSC?
            It’s actually the same thing but from my local feed store. Red trace mineral block. The only secret is that it gets much more attention in a well concealed place. I’ve had them in my feed pens before and they aren’t used much.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              “ My people call it maze”. Said in my most authentic Indian voice.

Comment

Pea Gravel?

Comment

It seems I can make hog attractant much better than I can make deer attractant.

Comment

Dang that’s a good en !
                    Is that on your home place or lease?

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      It seems I can make hog attractant much better than I can make deer attractant.
                      This! Hogs always get to it first. Very frustrating.

Comment

I've been watching YouTube videos of guys making homemade deer attractants. Most recipes consist of sugar, jello, salt, peanut butter etc. They all claim you will save money by buying these ingredients and making it yourself but by the time you buy all of the ingredients you have spent just as much money if not more than buying the store bought attractants.
                        I beg to differ. Dollar store maple syrup bottle and dollar store imitation vanilla bottle goes a very long ways mixed with water in a spray bottle. I can scent ~400lbs +\- of corn and the aerial cover around feed with a bottle of each. It really doesnt take much…I apply more than necessary. Fat kids come running.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          I beg to differ. Dollar store maple syrup bottle and dollar store imitation vanilla bottle goes a very long ways mixed with water in a spray bottle. I can scent ~400lbs +\- of corn and the aerial cover around feed with a bottle of each. It really doesnt take much…I apply more than necessary. Fat kids come running.
                          Does the syrup/vanilla concoction sprayed over corn work for deer?

Comment

Does the syrup/vanilla concoction sprayed over corn work for deer?
                            Yes. Very much so.
                            I spray the trees and leaves too to throw the scent upwards…not just down on the ground.

It really doesnt take much. A tablespoon of syrup and a tablespoon of vanilla in a 24oz bottle filled with water goes really far.

Good luck MrSoldier.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                              Yes. Very much so.
                              I spray the trees and leaves too to throw the scent upwards…not just down on the ground.

It really doesnt take much. A tablespoon of syrup and a tablespoon of vanilla in a 24oz bottle filled with water goes really far.

Good luck MrSoldier.
                              Thanks. You as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X