• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics for 1riot27rangers [emoji16].

Comment

����
      Thanks Bobby!

Comment

Josh makes a dang good knife and certainly has the marketing figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          I could have bought a Speedgoat the other day. I logged in and put one in the cart. But I let it go. I just kept thinking about how hard it would be to clean blood and fat and hair out of the paracord. I like the size and shape of that knife though.
          This. I want one really bad but not sure how well it would clean up. The upside is it would stay slip resistant even when wet / bloody.

Comment

Just picked me up a tan and black supercub drop point! Can’t wait to get it.

Comment

I’m needing a good fixed blade and been doing so research. Pretty much narrowed my selection down to 2.

Montana Knife Company Blackfoot 2.0 $300. https://www.montanaknifecompany.com/...lade-2-0-black
              And
              Knives of Alaska Elk Hunter $98. https://www.knivesofalaska.com/Store...black-suregrip

So my question is, is the MKC really worth triple the cost of the KoA?

For just under the price of the Blackfoot I could get the KoA lightweight folding Hunter, the Elk Hunter, AND the Cub Bear. But not knowing much about knives maybe there is something I’m not seeing about the MKC that does make it worth it???
              Last edited by ColinR; 05-15-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Funny, I live in Montana and had never heard of MKC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                  I’m needing a good fixed blade and been doing so research. Pretty much narrowed my selection down to 2.

Montana Knife Company Blackfoot 2.0 $300. https://www.montanaknifecompany.com/...lade-2-0-black
                  And
                  Knives of Alaska Elk Hunter $98. https://www.knivesofalaska.com/Store...black-suregrip

For just under the price of the Blackfoot I could get the KoA lightweight folding Hunter, the Elk Hunter, AND the Cub Bear. But not knowing much about knives maybe there is something I’m not seeing about the MKC that does make it worth it???
                  This is kinda like talking about what kind of transportation you drive. A Ford or Chevy will take you just as far as a Mercedes or Cadillac. I have a folding Buck knife that I've had over 40 years and it's often the first one I reach for to take hunting. I like using my hand made knives too and they've all skinned plenty of game. Pick what makes you happy, feels good in your hand, you can keep a good edge on and don't look back. Collecting knives gets to be an expensive hobby.

Comment

Got lucky and got a Blackfoot 2.0 last week and it came in the mail today. Could not be more pleased. Going on an Axis hunt this weekend and hope to put it to use.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post

And

Never once had a complaint with my Knives of Alaska for deer... The filet knives on the other hand are not flexible at all.

Comment

Finally landed one of these knives. I’ve had stuff going on every time they’ve had a drop I was interested in. Got it in today.

The Stonewall - Blackfoot Skinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking blade.

Comment

I carried my Stonewall for the Texas Water Safari, and it got wet when we got to the bay. As such, some rust made an appearance, especially on the screws that hold the handle together but also on the blade. I reached out to their Instagram asking if I could get a few replacements (having no luck getting it off) and let them know I'd be fine paying for them.

Instead, they said it was an honor I'd carry that knife on an event like that and to just send it in. No cost, they'd have it good as new. I sent it in, and it was back on my doorstep within 7 days of mailing in like new shape. Pretty shocking turnaround, and I can't say enough good stuff about these people and their product. Only problem is finding one!

Comment

I picked up one of the Blackfoot 2.0's the week before the Stonewall drop. I'm super satisfied with it, but now I'm kind of wanting a Stonewall too haha

Comment

I just scored a couple of the mini-speedgoats. Looking forward to seeing what these are about here soon. I ordered the knife one hour ago, and they've already sent my tracking info. I bet they show up by end of week.

Comment

Working...
                                X