Naomi Judd passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    Reports are saying a suicide related death. At 76? Good Lord if you make it that far just ride it out. What could get worse at that point?
    Mental health has no boundaries or age restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      Reports are saying a suicide related death. At 76? Good Lord if you make it that far just ride it out. What could get worse at that point?
      Tell me you know nothing about mental health without telling me you know nothing about mental health.

Comment

Sorry to hear this. I think a lot more suffer from mental illnesses than we really know.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
          Sorry to hear this. I think a lot more suffer from mental illnesses than we really know.
          About 80,000,000 in the last election alone.

Comment

Sad news. Her daughter Ashley seems to have mental illness issues also.

Comment

Seems like if a person could control their thoughts they could come out of this depression. But I’ve heard that it has a lot to do with chemical imbalances in the brain. Oftentimes the meds prescribed to treat a problem crest their own set of side effects that have to be treated as well.
              Our son sustained a brain injury from a stove fire at age two. They treated his collapsed lung with a drug “that could cause seizures”. I asked them “what happens if he has a seizure “? “ We discontinue it”. Oh ok.
              Well he was treated and had a seizure. Unfortunately for our son, his brain remembered how to seize, according to the neurosurgeon, and sent him down a path of epilepsy for the next 16 years.
              We finally reached a point where the meds were not controlling the seizures. Our son wanted the brain surgery. It was successful and he was happy for the next two years.
              One night he walked in the living room and said “Dad you know we’re not alone here”. I said “Ok. We’ve got the Holy Spirit here with us”. He said “no Dad. It’s Batman. He’s on the roof”.
              Long story short. After his brain had healed up he developed non genetic schizophrenia. Now we’re dealing with monitoring his blood sugar levels as well as mood swings and everything else that comes with this. Not to mention the side blast that blew our hearts apart.
              I hope y’all can see the path just one medicine led us down and the side effects that come with it. Again RIP Naomi.

Comment

Hate to hear that.
                RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

More like 40,000,000 but point taken.

Comment

Yep AMEN SO Sad....for NAOMI RIP and thanks for your contribution to Country Music

Comment

Lmao!!!!!

Comment

RIP! Prayers up for the family.

Comment

RIP Ma'am! Mental illness is a true disease. Most folks folks don't understand it. The brain can have the same problems your heart does just different kind of problems.
                          Last edited by doghouse; 04-30-2022, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Yeah, and several of their songs have been stuck in my head all day after reading it this morning. Mom was the hottest one out of them too. Ashley is as out of touch with reality as Bruce Springsteen. And that Wynona is just a plain ol', big, sturdy, strong labesian woman. They could sing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              Seems like if a person could control their thoughts they could come out of this depression. But I’ve heard that it has a lot to do with chemical imbalances in the brain. Oftentimes the meds prescribed to treat a problem crest their own set of side effects that have to be treated as well.
                              Our son sustained a brain injury from a stove fire at age two. They treated his collapsed lung with a drug “that could cause seizures”. I asked them “what happens if he has a seizure “? “ We discontinue it”. Oh ok.
                              Well he was treated and had a seizure. Unfortunately for our son, his brain remembered how to seize, according to the neurosurgeon, and sent him down a path of epilepsy for the next 16 years.
                              We finally reached a point where the meds were not controlling the seizures. Our son wanted the brain surgery. It was successful and he was happy for the next two years.
                              One night he walked in the living room and said “Dad you know we’re not alone here”. I said “Ok. We’ve got the Holy Spirit here with us”. He said “no Dad. It’s Batman. He’s on the roof”.
                              Long story short. After his brain had healed up he developed non genetic schizophrenia. Now we’re dealing with monitoring his blood sugar levels as well as mood swings and everything else that comes with this. Not to mention the side blast that blew our hearts apart.
                              I hope y’all can see the path just one medicine led us down and the side effects that come with it. Again RIP Naomi.
                              I’m sorry for what y’all have been through. Prayers for your family.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                Tell me you know nothing about mental health without telling me you know nothing about mental health.
                                Amen! Spoken like someone who has no clue…

Comment

Working...
                                X