X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDs BBQ in Midland, not good, no clue how they stay open

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
      Most Recent: Truth BBQ in Houston. They had some of the greasiest yet somehow most flavorless brisket I've ever had.
      All time: Dickeys, only one I've ever gotten sick from, and I normally have a cast iron gut.
      I went once to the one on 290 just west of Brenham. It was great! And I’m real picky with bbq.

Coopers in mason sucks.

Hard 8 when in Brady was awesome. No place after them in that building has been great. Decent. But not great.

Coopers in Junction was trash when I went 2 months ago.

You can’t call Bill Millers or Dickies BBQ. That’s like saying Taco Bell is Mexican food or long John silvers is seafood. Is but it ain’t lol.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
        Facts. Yet somehow they stay packed. Jack Jordan’s in Odessa used to be pretty decent for something close

Comment

It's one of three things:

1. Scarcity of BBQ in the area

2. People in the area just don't know any better (haven't had great Q)

3. They are the best of the worst.

Comment

Exactly.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I went once to the one on 290 just west of Brenham. It was great! And I’m real picky with bbq.

Coopers in mason sucks.

Hard 8 when in Brady was awesome. No place after them in that building has been great. Decent. But not great.

You can’t call Bill Millers or Dickies BBQ. That’s like saying Taco Bell is Mexican food or long John silvers is seafood. Is but it ain’t lol.
              Why do you have to drag Taco Bell into this!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                Why do you have to drag Taco Bell into this!?!?!
                Don't hate on the bell, it's the only place left you can get gas for $1.39!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Coopers in mason sucks.

Don't go dissin on Long John Silvers now.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                    Don't hate on the bell, it's the only place left you can get gas for $1.39!
                    Ha!! I will use this logic for future reasons to go to TB!! Lol

Comment

Has anybody mentioned Buccee's and the hammered roadkill that they pass off as brisket?

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettH View Post
                        Has anybody mentioned Buccee's and the hammered roadkill that they pass off as brisket?
                        Surprisingly it ain't bad! They are cutting up briskets right in front of you every 5-10 mins

Comment

Lots of Dickeys listed here, never did like them but and found it can vary greatly store to store
                          Last edited by bossbowman; 03-31-2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettH View Post

Not sure if was the sauce or meat but last two times I’ve tried it tasted like cough syrup! Almost left a slight numb to my tongue. It was bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coopers in llano is terrible

Mac’s BBQ in Fredericksburg is nasty. Never eaten at the one in Brady guessing they both nasty.

Gages in san Saba I didn’t care for.

Lampasas has one I didn’t like can’t even remember the name of it.
                              Young’s if I am not mistaken in the name.

Comment

Working...
                              X